Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. John’s is said to be targeting Pitino.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      St. John’s is said to be targeting Pitino.
      They just bought out Mike Mike Anderson for 10M...paging Uncle Chuck

Comment

• Is there a Mark Few (coaching tree) assistant who may have Midwestern roots and ready to make a leap to a 1 million dollar 1st year head coaching contract loaded with a 1 million dollar NIL recruiting budget?

If said person exist...make it happen ADKS!

It'll only cost the university and city of Wichita business leaders appx. 10 million to cover the amount owed to former coaches and AD's. Easy-capease.......
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Is there a Mark Few (coaching tree) assistant who may have Midwestern roots and ready to make a leap to a 1 million dollar 1st year head coaching contract loaded with a 1 million dollar NIL recruiting budget?

If said person exist...make it happen ADKS!

It'll only cost the university and city of Wichita business leaders appx. 10 million to cover the amount owed to former coaches and AD's. Easy-capease.......
          Piece of cakeske…
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It is so hard and so rare to find a coach who can make you a perennial top 25 team. Especially at a non power 5 school like WSU. We had one, until our AD botched things so badly and let him slip away. We will most likely never find one again.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

The question I have is how did he not realize he should be using the inside out game with Porter and Pohto BEFORE the season? Why did it take 2 + months in to the season to make that change? Props for being humble enough to admit that mistake, but anyone who knows a little about basketball saw that's what should have been happening from the jump.
              Pohto played outside at Sunrise. As I recall in one of the pre-season interviews someone mentioned to Pohto that he should be playing near the basket more and Pohto replied that he had never done that. that was before this season.

Any inside game that Pohto had or has was developed this season. Couple that with IB emphasizing D. The team probably spent most of the early practices working on D.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                It is so hard and so rare to find a coach who can make you a perennial top 25 team. Especially at a non power 5 school like WSU. We had one, until our AD botched things so badly and let him slip away. We will most likely never find one again.
                I know. But you can’t say that on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  It is so hard and so rare to find a coach who can make you a perennial top 25 team. Especially at a non power 5 school like WSU. We had one, until our AD botched things so badly and let him slip away. We will most likely never find one again.
                  Yea it really sucks that the only coach to ever get WSU ranked or take us past the first weekend in the tourney was 3G. School is just nothing without him. We should just close up shop

Comment

• Not holding my breath, but I'm guessing the earliest we would hear anything is Monday? I believe that's when the team has its end of year debrief.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                      Not holding my breath, but I'm guessing the earliest we would hear anything is Monday? I believe that's when the team has its end of year debrief.
                      If he's still debating or waiting on a coach that's still playing then yea I would expect him to allow them to have their normal end of year discussions for the players sake. If he has an available candidate lined up.. then could be this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea it really sucks that the only coach to ever get WSU ranked or take us past the first weekend in the tourney was 3G. School is just nothing without him. We should just close up shop
                        He said “perennial Top 25 team”, you went millennial on him with an even worse argument that was totally not the same.

But since you brought it up: Number of coaches besides 3G to lead Shox to a postseason Tournament win (NIT then NCAA)

Gary Thompson (1 Time)
                        Gene Smithson (1 Time)
                        Mark Turgeon (1 Time)

3 times in 69 years.

Gregg Marshall won at least one NCAA tournament game 5 times in 12 years.

You chose a bad fact to try to deflect to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

He said “perennial Top 25 team”, you went millennial on him with an even worse argument that was totally not the same.

But since you brought it up: Number of coaches besides 3G to lead Shox to a postseason Tournament win (NIT then NCAA)

Gary Thompson (1 Time)
                          Gene Smithson (1 Time)
                          Mark Turgeon (1 Time)

3 times in 69 years.

Gregg Marshall won at least one NCAA tournament game 5 times in 12 years.

You chose a bad fact to try to deflect to.
                          Lets close up shop. Why even field a team.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...men/polls.html

So we've been ranked 80 ish weeks outside of 3g including several multi year spans. Sure looks like I was correct.
                          Last edited by Stickboy46; March 11, 2023, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Lets close up shop. Why even field a team.
                            Ok, you go home first. We’ll stay and clean up. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Pohto played outside at Sunrise. As I recall in one of the pre-season interviews someone mentioned to Pohto that he should be playing near the basket more and Pohto replied that he had never done that. that was before this season.

Any inside game that Pohto had or has was developed this season. Couple that with IB emphasizing D. The team probably spent most of the early practices working on D.
                              KP looked good standing outside. Did you see him shooting the 3 point shot? I think he gave up on it, and near the basket became the only way anyone would guard him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Ok, you go home first. We’ll stay and clean up. Thanks.
                                Nah i'm good. You've already checked out. That's painfully obvious

Comment

Working...
                                X