Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Your response to knowing what Kevin Sahl is thinking regarding our head Coach is acceptable. It’s a guess. Nothing more and nothing less.
    yep, there are serious financial considerations alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      The real dividing line on this board is expectations.

Some fans have expectations that WSU should be top 4 in conference, contending for an NCAA bid every season.

Other fans believe there should be patience with the coach, team, etc. and that the fans in the first group are too negative or asking for too much.
      no. most fans expect to see real, tangible improvement as the season progresses, just as the new athletic director said last december.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        Not everything Kel says about WSU basketball is stupid (just most of it). He's right about this though; lets not be short-sighted in who should be on the sidelines for the Shocks next year.

Wichita St. deserves a coach on the sideline capable of winning a conference title. Not only that, but a coach who can compete with the Houston's and Memphis's of the world, even when saddled with 9 newcomers. Oh, wait...

lol you think we’re competing with Houston and Memphis? What on earth is your definition of “competing”?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Here's a question for ya

Does WSU try to get by with IB for another year or two until they free up some buyouts and can afford to hire a coach who can deliver a consistent title contender or do they spend maybe a million less this year and hope to find a coach who's below market value?
          Attendance and donations would drop so much you still wouldn't be able to afford a good coach.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

no. most fans expect to see real, tangible improvement as the season progresses, just as the new athletic director said last december.
            If you don't think we saw improvement this season, then you weren't watching.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I was giving this some thought this morning, and maybe I'm reaching, but I haven't seen anything about the fund raiser golf tournament yet this year. Maybe I'm looking for clues that don't exist, and maybe it didn't happen last year either, but I swear it happened the first year. My thought would be that they wouldn't advertise it with IB on it if he wasn't going to be here, and they wouldn't want to advertise it without him on it, because, well, that would look bad. No advertising out there for it could mean....nothing probably...but I can hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

If you don't think we saw improvement this season, then you weren't watching.
                Hate to tell you. But most teams improve throughout the year. Even bad teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol you think we’re competing with Houston and Memphis? What on earth is your definition of “competing”?
                  Doc, fever needs you to bail him out again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Hate to tell you. But most teams improve throughout the year. Even bad teams.
                    I'd say the improvement from the loss to Alcorn State to the wins on the road at temple and tulane FAR surpass the improvements made by most teams. It's like not even the same team anymore. Remember when we could only get four or five assists a game?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Attendance and donations would drop so much you still wouldn't be able to afford a good coach.
                      Maybe but we were also playing like one of the worst teams in college basketball, so we had no where to go but up. But even if the way the team is playing now, was playing like this the whole year, this still isnt close to a bubble team.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I'd say the improvement from the loss to Alcorn State to the wins on the road at temple and tulane FAR surpass the improvements made by most teams. It's like not even the same team anymore. Remember when we could only get four or five assists a game?
                        Of course I remember. After a couple months of practice and several games in, we still didn't have an offense other that throwing up 3 balls. Kind of like last year's offense. It took IB 1.5 years to figure out that you have to have player movement and ball movement to get good shots.while even casual fans saw that even early last season. Just no excuse in my humble opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Doc, fever needs you to bail him out again...
                          He doesn't need any bailing out - he is spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Of course I remember. After a couple months of practice and several games in, we still didn't have an offense other that throwing up 3 balls. Kind of like last year's offense. It took IB 1.5 years to figure out that you have to have player movement and ball movement to get good shots.while even casual fans saw that even early last season. Just no excuse in my humble opinion.
                            I guess you haven't been watching the games. Our offense is completely different.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I did like the 180 we did from last years Chinese fire drill of not having a clue how to run a fastbreak....to this year's version of having a much improved fastbreak. Unbelievable how bad it was last year.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If I am the AD, Brown isn't coming back next year. I tried to wait till the end of the year to make my final decision. I have heard all the arguments for and against coach Brown.

At the end of the day, I don't think Brown is the best coach for WSU moving forward.

Barring a miracle, WSU will miss playing in the postseason for the second year in a row. When is the last time that happened?

Under coach Brown, WSU this year has two quad 4 losses and no quad 1 wins.

As the AD, you have to be able to see past the short-term pain of paying people who aren't working for WSU to what is best for the school in the long term.

You have to be able to make hard decisions and letting Brown go is one of them.

Some people have said that getting a new coach won't change things. K-State and Missouri might disagree.

I think the assistant coaches at Houston deserve a look along with Darian DeVries at Drake just to mention a couple of names.

There are some good coaches out there. Let's go get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X