Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh, we’ll wait and see if this actually pans out.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
      Lol, love the meltdown here. This board would have only been happy if 3G was back. I'm personally okay with someone under the Scott Drew coaching tree who just went undefeated in his conference this year.
      I'd just prefer a coach who hadn't lost 10+ games in all but one year while playing in the SUMMIT LEAGUE
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I am whelmed.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Lots of questions we’ll probably never have answers for. I just find it hard to believe this was the top choice.

Comment

• Hard to believe we couldn't at least land Sampson. He's worth a shot more than Mills. Seriously considering dropping tickets and SASO if this is the hire. I'll probably talk myself out of it but we aren't going to gain season ticket sales from this.

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• PAUL MILLS? Is he really an upgrade over IB? Does he really have a personality?

Comment

• Now, assuming the DeVries, then Mills info is accurate, it does seem like funds may be limited. Couldn't offer enough to pull DeVries from Drake or whatever other schools might be courting him, so then the options became limited, probably eliminating guys like Kelsey, Richie and Sampson, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Rothstein generally doesn't tweet without confirmation
                    Unnamed sources?

Comment

• I guess we like to hire guys with 1 good year now. Brown and now this guy.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Seriously? Not an impressive hire.

Comment

• If it is Mills, it will be on a cheapo contract for 2 years. And I highly doubt it will do much more than press the reset button. Sounds more like a couple sub-20 seasons into another coaching search with more money.

Mills is simply a worse candidate than at least a dozen names that have come up here. Worse in every reasonable metric.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Now, assuming the DeVries, then Mills info is accurate, it does seem like funds may be limited. Couldn't offer enough to pull DeVries from Drake or whatever other schools might be courting him, so then the options became limited, probably eliminating guys like Kelsey, Richie and Sampson, as well.
                            Was going to write exactly this

Comment

• So in his defense, he took over a program that Scott Sutton submarined by staying about 3 years too long, recruited a couple of stars, and was able to develop them and even RETAIN one of them during this era of poaching and NIL, that is impressive. His only recruit for this year is ranked 250ish, which is honestly right around where we recruit usually anyways. In the portal he took in an Arkansas Center who starts and averaged 12.7 and 8 and an Arizona State Guard that doesn't play much. The year before he took in an OU transfer who didn't play a ton and a Villanova Transfer who averaged over 11 points. That points to me that if he recruit some semi-talented people to ORU he's a good talent evaluator and is able to coach. He's not my first choice, but often times the sexy flashy hire doesn't work out well. Look at Texas with Shaka Smart, Archie Miller at Indiana the list goes on. Hopefully he wins early so the fans will give him a chance.

Comment

• Looks like this isn’t a 50/50 SN split. More like 25/75. 25 percent being ok with this hire.

Comment

Working...
                                X