Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    If you think we should retain IB based on his performance, you're an idiot.

If you think we should fire IB with absolutely no consideration of the athletic department budget, you're an idiot.

If you think Saal is going to give IB more time based on a one or two game performance at this point in the season, you're an idiot.

If you are cheering for the other team because you believe the above, you're an idiot.

If you think that so much as having hesitancy in or even avoiding hiring Chris Beard means you're "woke", you're an idiot.

If you think we could/should re-hire 3G, you're a colossal idiot.

If you're on a message board typing "you're an idiot" repeatedly to people you've never met, you're an idiot.
    I’ve read a lot of these posts and don’t necessarily always comment. But man, this one is probably one of the best I’ve seen

Comment

If you think we should fire IB with absolutely no consideration of the athletic department budget, you're an idiot.

If you think Saal is going to give IB more time based on a one or two game performance at this point in the season, you're an idiot.

If you are cheering for the other team because you believe the above, you're an idiot.

If you think that so much as having hesitancy in or even avoiding hiring Chris Beard means you're "woke", you're an idiot.

If you're on a message board typing "you're an idiot" repeatedly to people you've never met, you're an idiot.
      post of the year contender

Comment

Way too much nuance for a message board, you idiot!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’ve never seen so much waffling in my life. One minute you’re out for IB’s head, the next minute he needs to stay. Pick a lane and stay in it, *****.
          Looking at both sides of an issue is waffling? Considering alternate situations is waffling?

KS has to make a change at the end of the season, but circumstances may not allow him to do what he has to do. Is that so hard to understand?

I want a new coach, but I will understand if a change is not made. Some posters out here are going to turn on KS if a change isn't made and that cannot be justified.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I have to believe the ADKS was sharp enough to see and know that he was walking into a very tough situation that would be very difficult to rectify quickly absent some kind of unanticipated manna from heaven. If not he sure as hell knows what he is facing now. He also seems like the kind of guy who likes a challenge and can implement perhaps a bit longer range strategy to accomplish his goals.

Comment

So which idiot class do you fall under? Or, are you the only smart one who has a plan to squeed between all these classes of idiocy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So which idiot class do you fall under? Or, are you the only smart one who has a plan to squeed between all these classes of idiocy?
                There is a line in there specifically to address your question ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There is a line in there specifically to address your question ..
                  Awe, I see it now. We are all idiots. Glad my wife's and sons views are now confirmed. Thx.

Comment

• My wife would concur; I'm definitely an idiot...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      Not everything Kel says about WSU basketball is stupid (just most of it). He's right about this though; lets not be short-sighted in who should be on the sidelines for the Shocks next year.

Wichita St. deserves a coach on the sideline capable of winning a conference title. Not only that, but a coach who can compete with the Houston's and Memphis's of the world, even when saddled with 9 newcomers. Oh, wait...

Win a conference title in a normal year. Oh and I don't want to "compete" with Houston and Memphis. I want to whip their a$$es.

Comment

• For all the idiots that are reading this.......

The state of Shocker basketball: former WSU players, national media evaluate Isaac Brown

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...pdigest_latest

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          For all the idiots that are reading this.......

The state of Shocker basketball: former WSU players, national media evaluate Isaac Brown

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...pdigest_latest
                          The question I have is how did he not realize he should be using the inside out game with Porter and Pohto BEFORE the season? Why did it take 2 + months in to the season to make that change? Props for being humble enough to admit that mistake, but anyone who knows a little about basketball saw that's what should have been happening from the jump.

Comment

• This topic has turned into too much IB talk for me to keep track of everything so I’m not sure if Amir Abdur-Rahim has been mentioned or not. 1-28 in his first year at Kennesaw State to 26-8, a conference title and Kennesaw State’s first NCAA berth ever in his 4th season. Was an assistant for 5 years at Murray State with Steve Prohm under Billy Kennedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

The question I have is how did he not realize he should be using the inside out game with Porter and Pohto BEFORE the season? Why did it take 2 + months in to the season to make that change? Props for being humble enough to admit that mistake, but anyone who knows a little about basketball saw that's what should have been happening from the jump.
                              I'm gonna guess because IB was running that same dinasour offense GM ran and didn't wanna ticker with it until he finally saw it ain't working these days. Kudos to IB for the added wrinkles late in the season.

On that note...keep the core...let Pierre and Waterman get a legit pg or 2, build a formidable bench...and we got a team heading into next season. NIL is for the taking. No freshmen. Get some grown men added to the core and win the AAC next year!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Actually the ball screen and roll offense was not used by Marshall until around 2019 when we no longer had a point guard. Before that (Fred, Ron, and before)his offense always went through the inside first, ball screens away from the ball, movement, and ball reversals.

Comment

Working...
                                X