Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Dana Ford. Griffin is a total wild card. He may work out if he can find $2mil to buy five players for two years right up front. Maybe Fred can be team owner and GM. They are buddies.

Comment

• Maybe he has old NBA friends/connections with sons that have NBA talent (or at least high D1 talent).

All I know is AG has been considered for NBA HC positions. I never recall hearing IB's name once as a HC at the D1 level before he took over.
      The Assman

Comment

• This might be far fetched and might be beating a dead horse, but it might be possible.

Turgeon and his wife are both from Kansas and they are both family-oriented people. Turgeon has said many times that he likes being close to he and his wife's families. Turgeon doesn't "need" big $$, he's got enough to live comfortably on a smaller salary. He might be receptive to a back-loaded and incentive-loaded contract that paid him his value AFTER the payments to GM and IB are over.

Might be able to work out a 6-figiure salary for a few years.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I heard the same thing. It was Dan Dakich that said it. I reminded him the day after the game.
          Gottlieb said the same thing during tournament announcement show on whatever radio network he was on at the time. He was, of course, a total douche about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            This might be far fetched and might be beating a dead horse, but it might be possible.

Turgeon and his wife are both from Kansas and they are both family-oriented people. Turgeon has said many times that he likes being close to he and his wife's families. Turgeon doesn't "need" big $$, he's got enough to live comfortably on a smaller salary. He might be receptive to a back-loaded and incentive-loaded contract that paid him his value AFTER the payments to GM and IB are over.

Yeah, but what would his Chicken companions think of him? Serious question...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              This might be far fetched and might be beating a dead horse, but it might be possible.

I believe that Turg only recruited kids to WSU who had both parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I believe that Turg only recruited kids to WSU who had both parents.
                ? Jamar Howard

Comment

• I'd rather take a shot at Griffin than recycle Turg
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Has Rick Pitino been keeping his (and his players') nose clean at Iona?

Considering the state of the program, they wouldn't have much to lose taking a gamble on him, at this point.

He would win, and quickly.

Easily a Top 5-10 coach of his generation.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Isn't Pitino about 80?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Isn't Pitino about 80?
                        70, but still.

5 good years from him and maybe you can hire a HR younger coach a lot easier.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Isn't Pitino about 80?
                          71 and he took Iona from 9th his first year to 1st in his second. I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Comment

• If we are going after one of the biggest cheaters of all time - Why don't we bring back our national COY - he might be a tough SOB but he never cheated

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                              If we are going after one of the biggest cheaters of all time - Why don't we bring back our national COY - he might be a tough SOB but he never cheated
                              I would never argue with Chuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

? Jamar Howard
                                Dang. How about in the last........ 3 years of his reign ?

Comment

Working...
                                X