Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

No it's called negotiations and media trying to get a jump on the end results.
    I mean. You are right but it's still insanity lol

Comment

• Sounds like it will be a PAC4 by the end of the day now

Comment

• Haven decided if this is good for WSU/American or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sounds like it will be a PAC4 by the end of the day now
          It was inevitable once the media deal details came out. Consolidation is largely negative for college sports fans, but at least the AAC will likely be spared in this round of realignment (unless the ACC blows up). If SMU wants to leave for the sake of leaving they might, but as of now I doubt other schools in the American will see the Pac-12 remains as a viable option.

Comment

• Most of the current Big 12 schools better thank their lucky stars they are already in the Big 12 or they would be SOL.

KU might be the exception, but their allure to the B1G would be up in the air. The rest of the schools give limited TV markets and a small national alumni base and fan base.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              Haven decided if this is good for WSU/American or not.
              I think if the rest of the corner schools move to the B12 .. then its probably a good thing. The Pac4 will have next to no leverage. With Oregon/Wash/Arizona they were only worth 20 mil a year each. That's going to drop if they try to backfill with AAC/MWC teams. AAC/MWC have a large buyout to pay that would eat up any additional revenue on top of added costs. Really all they have to offer is the Autonomy.

If the other 3 don't go, or if the ACC teams that have been threatening to bolt go .. then it gets dicey for the AAC

Comment

• If the Pac-4 and MWC merge under the Pac brand they will be at 15 teams. Makes me wonder if SMU would still bolt if offered the 16th spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                  If the Pac-4 and MWC merge under the Pac brand they will be at 15 teams. Makes me wonder if SMU would still bolt if offered the 16th spot.
                  Definitely possible. The new MWC would likely be seen as higher on the totem pole than the AAC even without SMU moving. A lot will depend on the TV deal they get to add those 4

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    Haven decided if this is good for WSU/American or not.
                    Is there anyone who has heard that this is going to be anything except football? That's the only thing that the media really cares about. I don't think they've thought that far ahead, because the money is so big in football.

I think that basketball (is possible but not a done deal), is up in the air right now, because of the tournament, and swimming, diving, water polo, etc are big at UCLA and USC, but unheard of at Rutgers, Denver, and Minnesota. Same with Hockey is big at Denver, Minnesota, and nothing at Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Is there anyone who has heard that this is going to be anything except football? That's the only thing that the media really cares about. I don't think they've thought that far ahead, because the money is so big in football.

I think that basketball (is possible but not a done deal), is up in the air right now, because of the tournament, and swimming, diving, water polo, etc are big at UCLA and USC, but unheard of at Rutgers, Denver, and Minnesota. Same with Hockey is big at Denver, Minnesota, and nothing at Texas.
                      All of these moves are all sport moves .. but you are right .. the moves are made with only football in mind. The rest of the sports will suffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

All of these moves are all sport moves .. but you are right .. the moves are made with only football in mind. The rest of the sports will suffer.
                        But my point is that negotiations will go on for a longer time (than one or two weeks) because a lot of hashing things out, will be done by all the universities involved to cover all of the concerns. UCLA for example is big swimming, and implications will be felt down the road.

Comment

• College sports continue to be less and less interesting to follow.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If there was even a 5% chance of bringing Stanford into the AAC, the AAC should do everything in their power to bring them in, including bringing in Cal to help with geographic cohesiveness. Having Stanford in our conference would be huge. It'll never happen for the same reason we'll never have Noam playing for WSU though.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              If there was even a 5% chance of bringing Stanford into the AAC, the AAC should do everything in their power to bring them in, including bringing in Cal to help with geographic cohesiveness. Having Stanford in our conference would be huge. It'll never happen for the same reason we'll never have Noam playing for WSU though.
                              Stanford and Cal are going pro?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Stanford and Cal are going pro?
                                LOL .. might as well. If you combine their academic rankings and all-sports accomplishments they are an outstanding school.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X