Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that Florida State is complaining so loudly about being in the ACC makes me suspect they don't have a path to leave that isn't prohibitively expensive. Realignment moves generally happen behind closed doors, not in the media.

Comment

• The president of FSU pointed out that at some point the disparity between the acc and sec would approach 30 million per year and wondered how long FSU could continue down that path

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        The president of FSU pointed out that at some point the disparity between the acc and sec would approach 30 million per year and wondered how long FSU could continue down that path
        Its actually worse than that .. the disparity is 50+ million a year .. the 30 million a year is their exit fee (for like 10 years). So even paying an exit fee of 30 million a year, they would still come out 20 million a year ahead.

Comment

• If true .. opens the door for the Big 12 to take Arizona (which likely requires ASU to go too) and 1 other .. Probably Utah.

Combine that with the B10 back to actively looking at Oregon and Washington and could be down to Pac 4 soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Its actually worse than that .. the disparity is 50+ million a year .. the 30 million a year is their exit fee (for like 10 years). So even paying an exit fee of 30 million a year, they would still come out 20 million a year ahead.
            The question is whether ESPN, who is struggling financially, wants to pay FSU all that extra money just so that they can move from one ESPN media deal to another ESPN media deal

Comment

• I know people don't think Cal and Stanford are attractive options, but I'd take the chance on them in the AAC.

Granted, it likely doesn't happen, but worth the inquiry.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                I know people don't think Cal and Stanford are attractive options, but I'd take the chance on them in the AAC.

Granted, it likely doesn't happen, but worth the inquiry.
                It's unlikely, but the AAC certainly has higher academic standards than the MWC.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

The AAC certainly has higher academic standards than the MWC.
                  Exactly.

I know there is a lot of woke/lefty BS that comes with those schools, but they are still regarded as two of the best academic universites in the country (for the time being).

Also opens California as a legitimate recruitment option. If eyeballs on TVs comes with it, that's an added bonus.
                  The Assman

Comment

• AZ likely gone. ASU and Utah next.

Arizona is in deep discussions about joining the Big 12, sources told ESPN, with a deal expected to be finalized in the near future.

Comment

• Still wild to think two years ago, the talk was the AAC was going to absorb the remaining B12 schools.

They (AAC) should add Cal and Stanford to get to 16.

What other schools would raise the profile of the AAC that much? What MWC schools would raise the profile of the PAC enough to make it better than the AAC?
                      The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• Well, can’t say that his hasn’t been entertaining.

all we need is for USC and UCLA to pull a Wolf of Wall Street speech and announce their not leaving and it’ll be peak off-season chatter.
                          The Assman

Comment

• I don't see how that media deal is going to keep PAC? conference intact for long.

Comment

• Insanity

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Insanity
                                No it's called negotiations and media trying to get a jump on the end results.

Comment

Working...
                                X