Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I cannot imagine a worse return on your money.

Let's say 200 boosters give a million. They get back........a truck load of ass beatings......and oh yeah, their Development Department with their hand out for another 6 figure+ gift every single year.

And what do you get?

I guess if you have money to light on fire, go for it, but I'm not even sure I'd be happy if the Kochs did that here.
    Are you sure we are talking the same SMU? The SMU I know doesn’t have a care in the world about ROI.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Going to be kind of awkward if SMU gets stuck in the AAC after public prostituting itself to the ACC (and Pac-12 before that).

Comment

• SMUg
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

True, but Craig Porter. But yeah.
          Craig Porter wasn’t on anyone’s radar until his second Junior year. He also played two years for Vincennes.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Craig Porter wasn’t on anyone’s radar until his second Junior year. He also played two years for Vincennes.
            Yeah but he didn't jump in the portal his final year and he was our best player. I know, I know ... he's 1 in a 100.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• What's the difference between a Mercedes on the SMU campus and a cactus?

The cactus has the pricks on the outside.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeah but he didn't jump in the portal his final year and he was our best player. I know, I know ... he's 1 in a 100.
                He was in the portal for a spell. Thankfully came back though.

Come to think of it, he actually did that twice.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  What's the difference between a Mercedes on the SMU campus and a cactus?

The cactus has the pricks on the outside.
                  A Mercedes? Maybe the "poor" kids on campus.....lol

Unless you are talking G Wagon.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

A Mercedes? Maybe the "poor" kids on campus.....lol

Unless you are talking G Wagon.
                    The only poor kids on campus were some of the student athletes. NIL is balancing that now. Maybe student athletes can now afford the same crack cocaine the rest of the students on the smu campus enjoy. SMU has been referred to as crack U for quite a while.

Comment

• Sounds like the ACC meeting didn't go well today. Stanford, Cal and SMU are likely no go to them now. There are still rumors being floated that ESPN wants to bring the Pac 4 to the AAC for the west coast content. Might be more realistic with the ACC off the table

Comment

• We are definitely in an alternate timeline if WSU ends up playing Stanford and Cal as conference foes. What a strange situation that would be. To be fair, maybe I'm stuck in the old MVC mindset. Playing teams in both CA and FL. Wow.

Comment

• If the Pac-4 stay together and somehow poach from the AAC we have to pray they take the Navy/WSU combo. Luckily, Navy has such a strong brand that I doubt they get left behind.

That being said, I think the AAC has two things working in its favor in terms of being the aggressor:

1) ESPN seems to want the AAC to add schools.
                          2) The AAC's media deal can provide western schools with higher payouts than the MWC and primetime exposure in eastern time zones.

Even if Stanford/Cal end up in one of the P4 conference I could see the AAC making a pitch to collect the Oregon State and Washington State with an eye towards adding MWC schools in a couple years.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                            If the Pac-4 stay together and somehow poach from the AAC we have to pray they take the Navy/WSU combo. Luckily, Navy has such a strong brand that I doubt they get left behind.

That being said, I think the AAC has two things working in its favor in terms of being the aggressor:

1) ESPN seems to want the AAC to add schools.
                            2) The AAC's media deal can provide western schools with higher payouts than the MWC and primetime exposure in eastern time zones.

Even if Stanford/Cal end up in one of the P4 conference I could see the AAC making a pitch to collect the Oregon State and Washington State with an eye towards adding MWC schools in a couple years.
                            I find it hard to believe the PAC4 has any leverage at this point. I would imagine the level of desperation is getting higher every day we hear don't hear news of a P4 conference having interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I find it hard to believe the PAC4 has any leverage at this point. I would imagine the level of desperation is getting higher every day we hear don't hear news of a P4 conference having interest.
                              I just refuse to claim any superiority until the new AAC additions are official. We have been burned too many times lol

Comment

• If those 4 schools join, do they stop at 18 or go to 20? 24?

I wouldn't mind just adding Cal/Stanford and staying at 16, but like I said before if it's an "all 4 or no deal" situation; you do the deal.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X