Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

This take I 100% agree with. It’s a manifestation of one of the worst parts of our culture.

It’s also a sign of weakness from Texas and OU. They aren’t confident in their ability to lead a conference so they’d rather join a better one where they can be the ones riding coattails.

Texas will be an also ran in the SEC. In the big 12 they still yield immense power regardless of their on field/court production (which hasn’t lived up to their opinion of themselves in quite some time).

Same with OU except they are set up to compete better in football from day 1. IMO they obviously won’t dominate the conference and I think it’s highly unlikely they finish at the top very often.

Do either of these schools really need the additional money? I find that hard to believe.

Who knows why they would decide to do so, especially considering how either team would be given the benefit of the doubt when a hard-to-call CFB invite is on the line. The BCS already showed that Baylor ain't gonna' get that close call (see 2013), whereas OU (and Texas, if they could get their mess together) would, and most definitely has already, more than once (see 2020, for example).

Seriously, they might be after that prime time Saturday evening CBS game. Who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Did you just fart out of your mouth again?
      Sorry the truth hurts so hard Clod...

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          It is no accident that some of the best PUBLIC colleges in America are tucked safely inside a "premiere" athletic conference.
          FYP

Comment

• So yea .. ESPN is driving this .. good sign for the AAC

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So yea .. ESPN is driving this .. good sign for the AAC
              B12 Posturing + making ESPN look kinda ratchety at the same time.

If you've got a real power move, you make sure it's done before the news hears about it. Kinda like UT and OU to the SEC. It was done before it hit the news.

Comment

I'm confused.

Is ESPN behind the move to the SEC? I would have figured it would be CBS?

Comment

Say it again for those in the back of the short bus.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I'm confused.

No.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor big-12. What they gonna do? Lol!!!!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The Big 12 might as well have sent their death certificate to ESPN. How much is a Big 12 worth without OU, Texas, and no ESPN coverage to speak of.

Comment

I'm confused.

ESPN calling up the B12 remnants and trying to entice them to come over where the grass is browner lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Say it again for those in the back of the short bus.
                            Holster your cock dips**t. We all know ESPN is Orlando.

We get it: they (That would be the Total Sports Network) want to destroy the b12, er, 8 (as in defamation) so Tulsa can get the prime time Thursday evening slot over what remains of that hash stain, right? Makes perfect sense.

Your turn...
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 28, 2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I'm confused.

ESPN wants out of the Longhorn network contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

ESPN wants out of the Longhorn network contract.
                                All that money is going straight to UCF.

Comment

Working...
                                X