Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aren't texas and oklahoma going to pay a fee to get out of the big 12 before 2025?

they absolutely should leave ku, k-state etc. asap btw. especially ku **** football program.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      aren't texas and oklahoma going to pay a fee to get out of the big 12 before 2025?

they absolutely should leave ku, k-state etc. asap btw. especially ku **** football program.
      $80M each IF the league doesn't fold.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        aren't texas and oklahoma going to pay a fee to get out of the big 12 before 2025?

If the league doesn't exist...they don't have to. I.e. why ESPN is trying to get others to bail. Then they can mutually agree with Texas to not pay them the 150 million they owe them for the Longhorn Network which is a failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Earn your pay Aresco. Pull off something NASTY!
          Aresco was a media exec at both ESPN and CBS before becoming a conference commissioner ... Just saying.

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If the league doesn't exist...they don't have to. I.e. why ESPN is trying to get others to bail. Then they can mutually agree with Texas to not pay them the 150 million they owe them for the Longhorn Network which is a failure.
              No, they settled on that. ESPN is covering the exit fee for the Longhorns.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Aresco was a media exec at both ESPN and CBS before becoming a conference commissioner ... Just saying.
                I remember that from my AAC education - while on the CSNBBS board - prior to my very public court martial and hanging.

If the AAC has an expansion, I may just have to dust off the old gloves again. See if I have a few rounds left in me. Our new guests deserve a proper welcome...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

No, they settled on that. ESPN is covering the exit fee for the Longhorns.
                    Oh I know. ... But ESPN would prefer there isn't an exit fee at all

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

$80M each IF the league doesn't fold.
                      All they have to do is keep the league operating and all agree that leaving fees are waived for the remaining schools.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think Bowlsby signed the Big 12 death certificate. He just picked a very public fight with the biggest name in sports and one that he's going to have to negotiate with in order to keep his conference alive. All ESPN has to say is they will no longer provide any coverage of Big 12 sports once the current contract is up in 2025. Then the big 12 minus Texas and Oklahoma will have to negotiate with basically a single bidder in fox.

Schools will be jumping ship left and right then.
                        Spot on. Bowlsby selected the nuclear option. He figures the B12 is going down one way or another, so he'll try to take the AAC down with it.

My guess for the 3-5: Baylor, ISU, KU, KSU, and WVU. My other guess is OSU, TT, and TCU are chatting with the Pac 12.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Spot on. Bowlsby selected the nuclear option. He figures the B12 is going down one way or another, so he'll try to take the AAC down with it.

My guess for the 3-5: Baylor, ISU, KU, KSU, and WVU. My other guess is OSU, TT, and TCU are chatting with the Pac 12.
                          I'm actually wondering if he went rougue with this letter. Lost trust in his ADs and presidents with them courting other leagues. This might be a shot at them too.

I can't see a logical reason to do it otherwise

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

My guess is Baylor, OSU, TT and then KSU and TCU are the 3-5 teams.

Comment

• I wanna see those highlighter green-uni-wearin' Baptists in Koch Arena! They will be fun to taunt!

Can you imagine how convenient our road games would be? Tulsa, Baylor, TT, KSU, SMU, TCU, ISU, UH... talk about our conference footprint making a BIG swing back to the middle. UCANNT would have been REALLY pissed.

Comment

I'm actually wondering if he went rougue with this letter. Lost trust in his ADs and presidents with them courting other leagues. This might be a shot at them too.

I can't see a logical reason to do it otherwise
                                Agreed. He’s going after 38-62% of his conference!

Comment

Working...
                                X