Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

I haven’t done very well keeping up with this fluid situation. Can you provide some reference re your ESPN comment.
    If you are looking for a press release, there isn’t one. Just rumors from a couple different sources from different AAC schools who would be the ones you would think would want to jump to B12. Supposedly ESPN has indicated to the AAC office that they would participate in conference calls with B12 members to woo them. Not sure if it has happened yet.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Except ESPN is lobbying for those schools to join the AAC, where they have an existing rights agreement.
      They're likely just pissing in the wind.

Comment

• I’ve never seen a more confident sub .100 hitter.

Maybe the closest comparison is The Process. Just keep confidently firing up bricks and air balls until one goes in then label yourself a shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I personally think SBT is trying to troll me.

Baylor is a national brand who's made some impressive noise in the NCAA tournament. 100% of college sports fans know who Baylor is. 85% of college sports fans couldn't find UCF on a map... of Florida...

Clearly NCAA brands are not built on football alone. Football is triggering the alignment, but there are other qualifying factors involved lest K|Uck-City would be applying to join the Big Priest/AAC right about now. Football "drives the bus", but it's likely no more popular than college hoops, as the NFL is over the NBA. Both college hoops and the NBA are multi-billion dollar industries.

Again, television is about brands, marketing, stories, and entertainment. There. will. not. be. a cotton. picking. brand. name. school. left out in the cold. And they sure as hell will not be bargain shopped by the likes of the AAC - which was originally constructed as a minor-league football division for power conference hopefuls. We don't even belong. But I sure am glad we were added!!
          Those 85% that can't find UCF on a map also can't find Baylor on a map....

"I don't see no Baylor,Tx on here..."

Comment

I personally think SBT is trying to troll me.

Baylor is a national brand who's made some impressive noise in the NCAA tournament. 100% of college sports fans know who Baylor is. 85% of college sports fans couldn't find UCF on a map... of Florida...

Clearly NCAA brands are not built on football alone. Football is triggering the alignment, but there are other qualifying factors involved lest K|Uck-City would be applying to join the Big Priest/AAC right about now. Football "drives the bus", but it's likely no more popular than college hoops, as the NFL is over the NBA. Both college hoops and the NBA are multi-billion dollar industries.

Again, television is about brands, marketing, stories, and entertainment. There. will. not. be. a cotton. picking. brand. name. school. left out in the cold. And they sure as hell will not be bargain shopped by the likes of the AAC - which was originally constructed as a minor-league football division for power conference hopefuls. We don't even belong. But I sure am glad we were added!!
            What part of it's more likely that the Pokes would join to the ACC than the Chickens because a Saturday night match up of Clemson vs. OSU is more appealing than Clemson vs. the Chickens, is trolling? Nor is the fact that the Chickens would be 3rd, at best, in pecking order in the ACC trolling. Do you need a translation for that?

Really cold, you come off as some 'utterly and positively sincere' delusional Chicken fan. You won't have the proverbial (anymore) b12 to hang your b12 hat on anymore. Football is not more popular than Basketball? What next, if the NCAA's were a best of 7, the Chickens would...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Those 85% that can't find UCF on a map also can't find Baylor on a map....

"I don't see no Baylor,Tx on here..."
              Not just A map... but a map of FLORIDA!!! ;)

And I disagree. I'm no college football fan but I know that Northwestern is a member of the B1G. I know that because they are part of the brand. The shittiest little house on a block of mansions. Baylor is a much bigger name than Northwestern.

UCF is like Butler County Community College on steroids.

Comment

And I disagree. I'm no college football fan but I know that Northwestern is a member of the B1G. I know that because they are part of the brand. The shittiest little house on a block of mansions. Baylor is a much bigger name than Northwestern.

You are making it clear exactly what type of fan you are lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Ever heard of low hanging fruit?
                  Just play along Dummy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

What part of it's more likely that the Pokes would join to the ACC than the Chickens because a Saturday night match up of Clemson vs. OSU is more appealing than Clemson vs. the Chickens, is trolling? Nor is the fact that the Chickens would be 3rd, at best, in pecking order in the ACC trolling.

Really cold, you come off as some 'utterly and positively sincere' delusional Chicken fan. Football is not more popular than Basketball? What next, if the NCAA's were a best of 7, the Chickens would...
                    I didn't say that football isn't more popular than basketball; I said that the disparity between college football and basketball is not greater than the NFL over the NBA. I used the professional example for perspective. College basketball doesn't matter the most, but it matters a lot.

I'm not a fan of the ChicKUns or the Tiny 12... or the BCS for that matter. I'm a fan of logic... rather I'm a prisoner of it.

Comment

And the B10 don't want the Chickens either. They'll take O-State first.

Comment

I didn't say that football isn't more popular than basketball; I said that the disparity between college football and basketball is not greater than the NFL over the NBA. I used the professional example for perspective. College basketball doesn't matter the most, but it matters a lot.

I'm not a fan of the ChicKUns or the Tiny 12... or the BCS for that matter. I'm a fan of logic... rather I'm a prisoner of it.
                        You definitely ain't a Football fan. Your sincere (and a touch delusional) posts detail that clearly.

Do you quit watching the NCAA's when the Chickens get knocked out too? Don't lie.

Comment

And the B10 don't want the Chickens either. They'll take O-State first.
                          It doesn't matter where the KlUckers go, just that they will go. They belong in the ACC IMO.

If anybody besides TCU gets left out in the cold, it will send shockwaves throughout the entire establishment. It ain't gonna happen.

TCU should be shitting themselves. I might be convinced to say that there's a chance TCU ends up in the AAC. But any others? No.

Comment

You definitely ain't a Football fan. Your sincere (and a touch delusional) posts detail that clearly.

Do you quit watching the NCAA's when the Chickens get knocked out too? Don't lie.
                            Sometimes I don't watch the NCAA tournament at all. I definitely stop after the Shockers exit.

I would NEVER watch a ****ing KU game...

The last one I saw in its entirety was back in 2015 in Omaha...........

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              I’ve never seen a more confident sub .100 hitter.

Maybe the closest comparison is The Process. Just keep confidently firing up bricks and air balls until one goes in then label yourself a shooter.
                              I had been thinking of the blind squirrel analogy, but yours is much better. It brings in the relentless self-promotion angle.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

People need to not get confused between being IN a large media market, and actually HAVING a large media market.

UH is in a large media market; hardly anybody in Houston knows or cares that they exist.
                                SMU is in a large media market; hardly anybody in Dallas knows or cares that they exist.

People comparing ISU or OSU to ANYBODY in the AAC is laughable. Everybody (that includes Baylor) are nationally recognized power programs. They will move the needle on nationally televised events.

The AAC will not be plucking **** from the B12 remnants lol.

So you believe all 8 will get picked up by existing power conferences?

Comment

Working...
                                X