Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

My current opinion is it's an also-ran conference now. It's a dying conference like the Missouri Valley became. In fact, my opinion has been that way since they dropped to 10 schools and couldn't find a quality school to join them. Without Texas it's no longer a power conference. It's brand is badly tarnished at this point.

Recognizable? Sure ... but ... now it's ... it's ...

It's Staples.
    It's Pontiac.
    It's Blockbuster Video.
    It's Toys R Us.
    It's Borders books.
    You're breaking the hearts of B12 fans everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      More detail. Yea... ESPN wants the Big 12 dead
      and wtf is that signature
      So ummm, should the American draft up a Cease and Desist letter against the Tiny 12 to prevent them from poaching?? That's tortious interference, riiiiight?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You're breaking the hearts of B12 fans everywhere.
        Well the size of its fan base just dropped by like 75% in the past couple days so ...

Comment

How about this one? I gotta admit, it still scares me a little. Even if the conference is just full of dregs now. They paid $110 million to keep it. Remember back when they would get like 7-8 NCAA tourney invites? It truly was The Beast back in the day.
          OMG! I just looked it up. The record was 11 bids one year!!! My God they were ridiculous. The SEC football of their time...

Comment

OMG! I just looked it up. The record was 11 bids one year!!! My God they were ridiculous. The SEC football of their time...
            That was the year when we had UConn by the balls, until the referees decided to take a little nap while Kemba Walker cheated his way back into the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So ummm, should the American draft up a Cease and Desist letter against the Tiny 12 to prevent them from poaching?? That's tortious interference, riiiiight?
              I was just Googling that law last night! How weird you would use it today. Spooky. ;)

Comment

• Booom

Comment

• "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Booom
                    NFW!!!

Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.

Comment

• You weren't wrong about brand names being important....

You were just wrong thinking the Big 12 brand was the important one.... The important one is ESPN

Comment

Booom
                        Now I'm getting legit excited. How much do you think our pay would go up?!

And who do you think the 3-5 teams were?

TCU, Baylor, TT, KSU, and...?

Comment

You weren't wrong about brand names being important....

You were just wrong thinking the Big 12 brand was the important one.... The important one is ESPN

The fat lady isn't singin' yet but please Lawdy let her start warmin' up!!!

Comment

• I think Bowlsby signed the Big 12 death certificate. He just picked a very public fight with the biggest name in sports and one that he's going to have to negotiate with in order to keep his conference alive. All ESPN has to say is they will no longer provide any coverage of Big 12 sports once the current contract is up in 2025. Then the big 12 minus Texas and Oklahoma will have to negotiate with basically a single bidder in fox.

Schools will be jumping ship left and right then.

Comment

Now I'm getting legit excited. How much do you think our pay would go up?!

And who do you think the 3-5 teams were?

TCU, Baylor, TT, KSU, and...?
                              ISU I presume. Then we could get BYU and go to 16 if my math is correct.

I need to calm down. This ain't happening. :(

Damn you SB.

Comment

I think Bowlsby signed the Big 12 death certificate. He just picked a very public fight with the biggest name in sports and one that he's going to have to negotiate with in order to keep his conference alive. All ESPN has to say is they will no longer provide any coverage of Big 12 sports once the current contract is up in 2025. Then the big 12 minus Texas and Oklahoma will have to negotiate with basically a single bidder in fox.

Schools will be jumping ship left and right then.

Earn your pay Aresco. Pull off something NASTY!

Comment

Working...
                                X