Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Well my foundational position all along has been that the B12 brand will pluck from the AAC and not vice-versa.
    Why would any top notch brand want to join a dying has-been?

I mean sure, there are teams that will join. But why would any _top notch_ brand want to join it?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Holster your cock dips**t. We all know ESPN is Orlando.

We get it: they (That would be the Total Sports Network) want to destroy the b12, er, 8 (as in defamation) so Tulsa can get the prime time Thursday evening slot over what remains of that hash stain, right? Makes perfect sense.

Your turn...
      I doubt shock's cawk requires much holstering...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

ESPN wants out of the Longhorn network contract.
        Cool.

Hopefully the b12, er, 8 will continue to flex. Those dumbsh**s probably believe the Chickens will carry 'em across the line in the end. Apparently they aren't well-versed in this New Normal BCS world we find ourselves in.

Comment

All that money is going straight to UCF.

If the b12, er, 8 don't pump the brakes, yeah...

But who knows, maybe the Wolverines or Buckeyes will decide it'd be a good idea after all to travel to lawrence on a dreary November Saturday afternoon, however doubtful: One b12 team (disaster) was probably enough for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why would any top notch brand want to join a dying has-been?

I mean sure, there are teams that will join. But why would any _top notch_ brand want to join it?
            Not top notch, just the also-rans of FBS football: BYU, Memphis, UH, UCF, USF, Cincin, etc.

Branding matters. Which brand resonates with you?

How about this one? I gotta admit, it still scares me a little. Even if the conference is just full of dregs now. They paid $110 million to keep it. Remember back when they would get like 7-8 NCAA tourney invites? It truly was The Beast back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Cool.

Hopefully the b12, er, 8 will continue to flex. Those dumbsh**s probably believe the Chickens will carry 'em across the line in the end. Apparently they aren't well-versed in this New Normal BCS world we find ourselves in.
              There is one benefit to this whole debacle... K|Uck City is in store for a significant attitude adjustment. I'm praying that they land in the ACC...... They will be UNC's *****.

Comment

• Perhaps it's time for The American to replace the big-8. American is an up-and-comer. Keep the band together and add. Could prove to be a Super Conference. Oh...and go ESPN!!! You can DO IT!!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Comment

• More detail. Yea... ESPN wants the Big 12 dead
                    and wtf is that signature

Comment

• If I'm the B12, I have a contract drawn up w/ Cincinnati and Memphis to join the league the second OU and UT pull out of the parking lot. Two very good basketball brands who will have no problem upgrading their football w/ more money and better recruiting. No UCF..GHIJKLMNOP, no shitty Houston. Two brand name programs with solid history and good cities.

Of course our lives will be totally ****ed. But that is the smart move from a branding/status perspective IMHO.

I hope to hell this doesn't happen. I hope that the AAC absorbs the B12 remnants like a black hole. It's just not realistic... unless someone finds some SERIOUS money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

More detail. Yea... ESPN wants the Big 12 dead
                        and wtf is that signature
                        Must have palsy.

Comment

Must have palsy.
                          Twitching from the stress of watching his conference implode

Comment

Not top notch, just the also-rans of FBS football: BYU, Memphis, UH, UCF, USF, Cincin, etc.

Branding matters. Which brand resonates with you?

My current opinion is it's an also-ran conference now. It's a dying conference like the Missouri Valley became. In fact, my opinion has been that way since they dropped to 10 schools and couldn't find a quality school to join them. Without Texas it's no longer a power conference. Its brand is badly tarnished at this point.

Recognizable? Sure ... but ... now it's ... it's ...

It's Staples.
                            It's Pontiac.
                            It's Blockbuster Video.
                            It's Toys R Us.
                            It's Borders books.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If I'm the B12, I have a contract drawn up w/ Cincinnati and Memphis to join the league the second OU and UT pull out of the parking lot. Two very good basketball brands who will have no problem upgrading their football w/ more money and better recruiting. No UCF..GHIJKLMNOP, no shitty Houston. Two brand name programs with solid history and good cities.

Of course our lives will be totally ****ed. But that is the smart move from a branding/status perspective IMHO.

I hope to hell this doesn't happen. I hope that the AAC absorbs the B12 remnants like a black hole. It's just not realistic... unless someone finds some SERIOUS money.

But what if the B12 went a step further and increased their membership to 12 again by adding UC, UM, WSU/Navy, and BYU!!!!!

That would be MY dream scenario. Wet towel scenario. Zero chance of course. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

My current opinion is it's an also-ran conference now. It's a dying conference like the Missouri Valley became. In fact, my opinion has been that way since they dropped to 10 schools and couldn't find a quality school to join them. Without Texas it's no longer a power conference. It's brand is badly tarnished at this point.

Recognizable? Sure ... but ... now it's ... it's ...

It's Staples.
                                It's Pontiac.
                                It's Blockbuster Video.
                                It's Toys R Us.
                                It's Borders books.
                                I associate the Big XII with Phillips 66 ....which also feels like a dieing brand

Comment

Working...
                                X