Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the best team we’ve seen at Memphis “on paper”. I like their perimeter defense. Williams and diaper shorts are both good upperclassmen that will carry the team. I don’t typically put much stock in their 5 star freshmen, but this new kid Duren is another level. They’ll still have ups and downs but I’d expect Top 3 finish and 2nd round NCAA or better.

Comment

• Let's hope.

Comment

• Emoni Bates commits to Memphis. I suspect most of Memphis' games will be on ESPN this year.

Comment

• I wonder what his FedEx salary will be.

Comment

• From everything I've read, he has a Lavar Ball wanna be dad.

Gonna be interesting to see if Penny can get him to buy in

Comment

• Good luck with that...LOL! Good for the conference though.

Comment

• Comment

• Good to know the money we spend at Fed Ex is going to lure high school players to Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Good to know the money we spend at Fed Ex is going to lure high school players to Memphis.
                    I use USPS exclusively. They are the only ones that can get a package to Alaska efficiently, which is shocking considering how awful they are in the L48.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Good to know the money we spend at Fed Ex is going to lure high school players to Memphis.
                      I wouldn't worry too much. Our (Fedex) stock is dropping. Lmao
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Welp, Pac 12 not expanding. It's not a matter of if, rather when the big XII takes 2-3 of our teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                          Welp, Pac 12 not expanding. It's not a matter of if, rather when the big XII takes 2-3 of our teams.
                          But how can the markets of Ames, Stillwater, Lubbock, Waco, Manhatten and to an extent Ft. Forth demand the markets of Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Cincinatti, Orlando, Tampa, New Orleans and to the extent of Wichita and Tulsa to succumb and join any of them to the Big-12???????????? Seriously!!!!

Wouldn't that be like Biden surrendering to the f'n taliban????

Screw "brands". Those leftover "brands" are no better than what ESPN makes of them and are pretty much equal to "brands" currently in the American Conference. If ESPN wants to market and sell their product they WILL!!!

The demographics are already in place for a much stronger position for the leftovers to gain by joining the American Conference footprint, tv revenue...and ESPN KNOWS that.

Arseco needs to continue to play big boy ball and broker a deal that adds maybe a couple of those leftovers (if not all 6)...end of story.

p.s. Lawrence. Lol. Good luck going independent bitcha's. You got the money and clout right??? Go for it.....
                          Last edited by AZ Shocker; August 27, 2021, 12:44 AM.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            Welp, Pac 12 not expanding. It's not a matter of if, rather when the big XII takes 2-3 of our teams.
                            AAC has a strong position.

They can afford to play hard ball with the B12-2-2
                            The Assman

Comment

• I don’t know about the other markets, but there’s not a lot of eyeballs in Houston tuned into UH. There’s way more hype in Wichita around the Shockers than there is in Houston with the Cougars. You barely even knew they were in the final 4 down here. I would say it’s A&M, UT, Baylor, then a variety of SEC schools, then UH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

AAC has a strong position.

They can afford to play hard ball with the B12-2-2
                                It's all about playing the long game if the Big 8 is out of P5 options. First, they have to realize that they've hit ":rock bottom". It could be that Aresco's ESPN contacts gives him an edge, but that remains to be seen. I would say that there isn't that much difference between the television/streaming/media strengths when comparing AAC teams to the left Big 8 teams. Most likely similar with few, if any national brands.

All of the Big 8 schools are from smaller towns. The Big 8 market is big in KC (KU, KSU, ISU), and to a lesser degree (without OU and Texas) in Dallas. I'm not sure how big the Cincy media footprint is in Cincy, UCF in Orlando, USF in Tampa, Temple in Philly, Memphis, Houston, etc.
                                Last edited by Shockm; August 27, 2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X