Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swellafelon View Post

Jon Rothstein's Preseason Top 45:

Loyola Chicago #34

Belmont #42

Wichita State #44

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....eason-edition/

​​​​​​
    Great for the Valley! Great for Wichita State!
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

When does Belmont enter the Valley?
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Great for the Valley! Great for Wichita State!
        That was such an unexpectedly gracious and non-hostile comment that I'm at a loss to respond.

I'm sure Shockernet will revert to form when Fever or MikeKennedyDroolz weighs in...

Comment

That was such an unexpectedly gracious and non-hostile comment that I'm at a loss to respond.

I'm sure Shockernet will revert to form when Fever or MikeKennedyDroolz weighs in...
          The Valley sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

The Valley sucks.
            You, sir, are my favorite Shockernet poster. Why you waste your considerable rhetorical skills here is a mystery.

Comment

Loyola Chicago #34

Belmont #42

Wichita State #44

​​​​​​
              This is an outstanding prediction by John Rothstein. There is no doubt that Wichita State is a 1 man team. All the Shockers have is Tyson Etienne. (even if he is underrated) I smell another Box and 1 defense coming from Belmont, Loyola, and other Mid Majors. Power 5 teams are not concerned about WSU because they have a number of 4 * and 5* players that will simply overwhelm the weak non athletic Shocker players.. WSU players, coaches, and fans must accept its limitations. We must bow down to Rothstein for throwing us a few crumbs by even mentioning our pathetic team. Go Shocks.

Comment

You, sir, are my favorite Shockernet poster. Why you waste your considerable rhetorical skills here is a mystery.
                Thx bro. I'm just one cold cog in a dysfunctional family of Shockernetters trying to do his part.

Comment

Loyola Chicago #34

Belmont #42

Wichita State #44

​​​​​​
                  And Loyola would give their left nut and right kidney to have our fanbase, our facilities, and our MBB budget. The chasm is large. It's even worse for Belmont.

Look... I'm fine with Loyola and Belmont having success, but if you think there's anyone on the WSU side who longs to be back in the MVC you need to see a psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They think the MVC presidents would vote to spend money to send teams to Arlington? Did they forget it's bus or die for them?
                    Can't. They all voted on new uniforms and a refinish of gym floors this season for the use of discretionary funds. Put your suggestion in the box for next year. In conjunction with a school potluck fundraiser it might be a possibility.

Comment

Wow, that was some stinging smack!

How come you failed to include the rest of the AAC field?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

And Loyola would give their left nut and right kidney to have our fanbase, our facilities, and our MBB budget. The chasm is large. It's even worse for Belmont.

Look... I'm fine with Loyola and Belmont having success, but if you think there's anyone on the WSU side who longs to be back in the MVC you need to see a psychiatrist.
                        I dont think anyone has illusions of any of those schools being at Wichita State's level. And anyone that wishes the Shockers were back in the Valley is an idiot.

That said, there is nothing wrong with wishing Valley teams success. There is a long history with the Valley and its good to see at least a few schools achieve success and respect. Just not SWOMO or E'Ville.

Edit.... There is a huge guy at my gym that played football at SWOMO. He has NFL size and strength, but FCS speed. Nicest guy in the world. I asked him about his time there, he loved it, but has the same feelings about their fanbase, high expectations yet no financial support. Dillusional.
                        Last edited by MoValley John; September 25, 2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• I think the Valley is about to find out that Porter Moser was more more valuable to the league than Loyola will be.

Comment

• I think PM was a perfect fit at Loyola. It is going to be real interesting to see how he performs at his new gig.

Comment

Loyola Chicago #34

Belmont #42

Wichita State #44

​​​​​​
                              And WSU is the only team on that list that has a chance of an at-large bid if they don't win their conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

And WSU is the only team on that list that has a chance of an at-large bid if they don't win their conference.
                                You have a short memory. If I recall correctly the MVC was a two bid conference last year: automatic qualifier Loyola and at-large Drake. Really surprised you forgot about Drake; after all you guys lost to them in the tourney.

I think the MVC is poised this season for another two tourney bids from among Loyola, Drake, Missouri State and Northern Iowa.

Wichita State looks to have a good chance of making the tournament as well. It would be a fun first round match up between #4 seed Loyola and #13 seed WSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X