Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drives me nuts that we can make the tournament every year but have to prove ourselves to the pollsters and all Penny has to do is a sign a couple top 50 kids and he gets the benefit of doubt. Same story every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Drives me nuts that we can make the tournament every year but have to prove ourselves to the pollsters and all Penny has to do is a sign a couple top 50 kids and he gets the benefit of doubt. Same story every year.
      Yeah. The same old BS every year. And there are other teams that get ranked based on their recuiting and have not played 1 game as a team.

Comment

Drives me nuts that we can make the tournament every year but have to prove ourselves to the pollsters and all Penny has to do is a sign a couple top 50 kids and he gets the benefit of doubt. Same story every year.
        Combined with that... These kids that Penny just signed ... just finished their HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR year. They will be playing this year as College Freshman when they are actually High School Seniors. I'd be surprised if they are day one world beaters.

Comment

And end up in the NIT.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• someone should do a poll that shows pre-season picks for the last 5 years and actual finish at year end. Some of these guys need to be called out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Combined with that... These kids that Penny just signed ... just finished their HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR year. They will be playing this year as College Freshman when they are actually High School Seniors. I'd be surprised if they are day one world beaters.
              How do they qualify for college? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's beyond improbable to "all of a sudden" not only have completed, successfully, a full high school curriculum, but also have the needed test scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

How do they qualify for college? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's beyond improbable to "all of a sudden" not only have completed, successfully, a full high school curriculum, but also have the needed test scores.
                It would be pretty easy to pick up a few classes over the summer to do it. I know when I was in HS, just about everyone could have graduated at semester SR year if they wanted because there were really only a couple of classes left. Maybe it depends on the school. I know a girl who transferred to Heights and ended up graduating a full year early due to the different requirements of the schools. Not all top athletes are idiots and I know absolutely nothing about these guys.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

They do online classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

They do online classes.
                    … and they often have designated test takers…
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's part of the Penny's Moving Service: Diamond Package.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

… and they often have designated test takers…
                        They hired advisors from North Carolina
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• They hired the guy who designed the NCAA Cheating Handbook:

Comment

• Some dudes in the AAC forum talking about an AAC-B12 basketball conference. It would be very nasty. Battling for the top 3 spot most years quite possibly. 7-10 bids. One can dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              Some dudes in the AAC forum talking about an AAC-B12 basketball conference. It would be very nasty. Battling for the top 3 spot most years quite possibly. 7-10 bids. One can dream.
                              How will you fit that dream in with your Fauci wet dreams?

Comment

• How is Memphis paying them since Tennessee has that absolutely horrible law dealing with NIL deals?

Comment

Working...
                                X