Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Aresco's message to the AAC is "Stay the course"

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      I hope Aresco's message to the AAC is "Stay the course"
      and don’t leave your wingman…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If none of the Big 12 teams jump ship to another conference they will poach the top of the AAC. Near lock.

If one of the remaining Big 12 teams jumps to another conference, the AAC will pick up the remnants.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          If none of the Big 12 teams jump ship to another conference they will poach the top of the AAC. Near lock.

If one of the remaining Big 12 teams jumps to another conference, the AAC will pick up the remnants.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            If none of the Big 12 teams jump ship to another conference they will poach the top of the AAC. Near lock.

This situation or problem could take years to complete. Lot’s of possible scenarios in the meantime. I’ve heard BYU to the Big 8. Do you think WVU wants to travel to BYU. Not unless they have no other choice. Pending being invited to the BIG, ACC, or PAC 12 (which isn’t going to happen imminently), Big 8 teams will probably make life for OU and Texas very uncomfortable, and make them live up to their TV contract which will enrich them. Don’t let them leave and live up to their 250 Million TV deal. During that time there are lots of different scenarios that could happen with each different scenario starting a different domino effect.

This May take a long time to solve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              Welp, Pac 12 not expanding. It's not a matter of if, rather when the big XII takes 2-3 of our teams.
              That's correct. The remaining Big 8 brand, facilities, and investment power is massive compared to the AAC. Taking Memphis and Cincy would be a no-brainer.

We're in deep doo doo it seems. Oh well. I guess the AAC will still be marginally better in basketball than the MVC, but some years it will be debatable.

First UConn, now Memphis and Cincy. *sigh*

The AAC has always been a "holding conference" for the football leftovers. We're seeing that in living color now.

We'll need to make the AAC our *****.

Anybody want to give me odds on the Big Pee letting us in? 5%? 10%?

Comment

• Do you think the AAC could poach the MWC? Would be nice to have UNLV in the conference as one of the replacements. I have absolutely NO idea what kind of football they play, but their basketball can be quite good. I don't know if they're cheaters or what, but they usually have some great recruits.

Comment

• Someone gonna have to translate toddler for me here. Big Pee?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Someone gonna have to translate toddler for me here. Big Pee?
                    P...... instead of...... p

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      Do you think the AAC could poach the MWC? Would be nice to have UNLV in the conference as one of the replacements. I have absolutely NO idea what kind of football they play, but their basketball can be quite good. I don't know if they're cheaters or what, but they usually have some great recruits.
                      Maybe the MVC

Comment

• The current college sports system is a cesspool. The sooner the Shocks go NAIA or D2 the better.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

That's correct. The remaining Big 8 brand, facilities, and investment power is massive compared to the AAC. Taking Memphis and Cincy would be a no-brainer.

We're in deep doo doo it seems. Oh well. I guess the AAC will still be marginally better in basketball than the MVC, but some years it will be debatable.

The AAC has always been a "holding conference" for the football leftovers. We're seeing that in living color now.

Big dollars are going to be splashed on a cool Saturday evening gridiron match of the Cyclones and Memphis? By who? Better yet, how about a battle of pigskin powerhouse's Baylor and Cinci? That'll sure make everyone tune out the Wolverines vs. Nittany Lions, or Miami vs. Fl. St. that'll be going on at the same time.

Nah. Those b8 games will be on FS1 on Saturday at 11 am.

Comment

I've told you over and over, Creighton is actually your ally in making that jump should it be needed. UConn became the first public, WSU could be the second. Indy, Chicago, Omaha, Milwaukee and Cincy are all pretty easy trips from Wichita. The wild card is Bruce Rassmussen just retired, how the new AD at Creighton would respond is kind of unknown.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Memphis? I doubt it. No football prowess. You shared those photos of K-State and Oklahoma State's stadiums full and majestic... Uhh the Liberty Bowl isn't coming to the Big 12.

Now Houston, Cinci, UCF... yeah any of those three seem totally possible. I don't think Memphis is going. BYU and Boise make much more sense.

My question is... How does basketball look without Cinci and Houston, because those seem like the most likely two to leave. I don't like how it looks, but it is still better than MVC. Now if those two leave... does Memphis make a move for basketball elsewhere? Not sure.

I also thought the PAC would benefit from some of those leftover 8 brands, so maybe I know nothing.

Comment

• There’s nothing left for any school to get excited about outside of an invitation to the ACC, Big10, SEC or PAC whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X