Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics and sports! Ugghhh!!!
    Lawrence votes "progress" and look what happens. They lose the Big-12 money train. Oklahoma and Texas vote "red" and look what happens. They follow the money to the SEC. So is Oklahoma and Texas wanting "progress" or "capitalism" by going to the SEC. Obviously more money in the SEC. So which is it? I'm confused...
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

The NCAA just got their teeth knocked out by the Supreme Court. As a result Bama already has a millionaire on their roster.
      the NCAA is toast, they just don't know it yet. We already have high school kids skipping their senior years so they can start making money in college.

Comment

The NCAA just got their teeth knocked out by the Supreme Court. As a result Bama already has a millionaire on their roster.
        And I believe there's a HS QB that was graduating early (skipping his SR year) so he could enroll at Ohio State I believe. I think he's already received or is about to receive, at least high six figures if not seven.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

And I believe there's a HS QB that was graduating early (skipping his SR year) so he could enroll at Ohio State I believe. I think he's already received or is about to receive, at least high six figures if not seven.
          It’s a trend.

Maybe now SMU can become a football powerhouse again
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

This probably played a big role in UT and OU going to the SEC. The SEC was going to be able to award higher NLI contracts (not related to recruiting, of course, wink, wink, nudge, nudge) than OU or UT were likely to be able to pay - in the B12-2.

NLI might level the playing field for basketball cheating schools. Now every school can legally offer the same kind of cash that KU was paying.

Comment

• Memphis is rumored to have FedEx putting together a recruting package for 2 of the top players in this upcoming BB class.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

This probably played a big role in UT and OU going to the SEC. The SEC was going to be able to award higher NLI contracts (not related to recruiting, of course, wink, wink, nudge, nudge) than OU or UT were likely to be able to pay - in the B12-2.
                For sure. The hubris of the NCAA to make profit alone was their undoing.

I don't support the ruling at all (e.g. Tide), but the NCAA did it to themselves, in many different ways (Carolina academics anyone).
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 5, 2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Schools in Tennessee are skewered on NLI. For states that did not have their legislatures pass NLI legislation, there are pretty much no rules at all. For states that did pass legislation, schools are required to observe their local laws. Tennessee has a clause in their legislation that NLI payments cannot exceed market rates and all contracts have to be reviewed to ensure that clause is followed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                    Tennessee has a clause in their legislation that NLI payments cannot exceed market rates and all contracts have to be reviewed to ensure that clause is followed.
                    Market rates??? How are they gonna recruit that new QB and compete with Bama??? What do they think he's just gonna "volunteer ??? Ba-da-bum.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Market rates??? How are they gonna recruit that new QB and compete with Bama??? What do they think he's just gonna "volunteer ??? Ba-da-bum.
                      I suppose you could argue that $1M is the new market rate. Market rate is whatever someone is willing to pay,

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I suppose you could argue that $1M is the new market rate. Market rate is whatever someone is willing to pay,
                        Yep. No limits. But a state law limiting the market rate. Oh boy...Tennessee good luck.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 'Market rate' is just code for whatever they want to charge. I asked the waitress how much the grouper sandwich was in Florida last week and she said $22! LOL.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            'Market rate' is just code for whatever they want to charge. I asked the waitress how much the grouper sandwich was in Florida last week and she said $22! LOL.
                            If that's the group rate, I'd hate to see the individual rate!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

If that's the group rate, I'd hate to see the individual rate!
                              Bruh. Dad jokes...
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X