Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16136701-2436-4037-A838-A85DF7E62799.jpeg Just a normal Louisiana Saturday Night with 102k close friends.

Comment

• Anyone talking themself into Big 12 teams joining the AAC is going to end up disappointed. Just hope not too big of a bite is taken out of the league and we hit on the replacements. Also root for BYU to get a Big 12 spot because that’s one less AAC team leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        16136701-2436-4037-A838-A85DF7E62799.jpeg Just a normal Louisiana Saturday Night with 102k close friends.
        Cold calls them "super spreaders"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Cold calls them "super spreaders"
          No ****. Not a lot of vaxxin' goin' on down in Louisiana. I hope there was a breeze during the game. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
            Anyone talking themself into Big 12 teams joining the AAC is going to end up disappointed. Just hope not too big of a bite is taken out of the league and we hit on the replacements. Also root for BYU to get a Big 12 spot because that’s one less AAC team leaving.
            I'm rootin' for NO BITE!

I would be PERFECTLY happy playing the teams we play now into perpetuity. We can absolutely make a run at the national title in our current conference. Just need another dynamic duo like FFV and RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              16136701-2436-4037-A838-A85DF7E62799.jpeg Just a normal Louisiana Saturday Night with 102k close friends.
              It is a marvel the power and popularity of big-time college football. I got a taste up at Silo-Tech in a thrilling come-from-behind victory against OU. Yes, I know they're mid-major. They weren't on that day though. Can't imagine an Ohio St. game. I have a relative up in Cleveland, I'll have to take in a game sometime.

I just hope money doesn't ruin this great collegiate sport. I hope that cooler heads prevail. And I hope that football doesn't ruin the Big Dance.

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• With the Athletic Department situation at WSU, the most important thing this year is to have money paying fans in the stands, and being able to return to consistent fund raising from the community/economy to the department.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

even before the SEC, A&M out classed the B12.
                    Not really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Cold do you know how many seasons A&M played UT after they joined the SEC? Texas begged for the game publicly and privately but A&M consistently told them to pound sand
                      There was some serious bad blood between those two programs for a while. I would hope that UT and OU take the high road. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There was some serious bad blood between those two programs for a while. I would hope that UT and OU take the high road. We'll see what happens.
                        Missouri, Nebraska and Colorado have also pretty much ignored their former conference mates.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Missouri, Nebraska and Colorado have also pretty much ignored their former conference mates.
                          Two of those three likely weren't missed. If OU disses OSU... that would be a travesty for that state I would think. Perhaps legislation is necessary.

Comment

• AAC commish says there is no plot to poach from the Big (12) (10) (8). If you have to come out and say there isn't a plot, that likely means there is a plot. Sort of like starting a sentence with "No offense, but..."

American Athletic Conference commissioner Mike Aresco denies allegations that his conference and ESPN had "strategically aligned or plotted" to pursue the remaining teams from the Big 12 to jump leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              With the Athletic Department situation at WSU, the most important thing this year is to have money paying fans in the stands, and being able to return to consistent fund raising from the community/economy to the department.
                              Unfortunately that probably not going to happen. Be watching the mayor, city council and Sedgwick county commission.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

KU has had home and homes in basketball with both Nebraska and Colorado, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X