Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

KU has had home and homes in basketball with both Nebraska and Colorado, I think.
    They just got the home and home a couple years ago with Nebraska. KU sought that series, not Nebraska. Nebraska plays some Olympic sports with the Big 12, and will get crushed by Oklahoma in football this year. Other than that, Nebraska has pretty much walked away from playing football against anyone in the Big 12.

It will probably start changing as turnover occurs in athletic departments. That said, all three schools were treated like sh1t by their conference mates. Unfortunately, Nebraska, who took much of the blame for leaving, was right on all counts. 3rd tier rights needed to be held by the conference, pay needed to be equitable, the offices needed to stay in KC and the championship game needed to rotate north and south. All rule changes went Texas' way. Nebraka lost out on too many 11-1 votes. Those votes put the conference where it is today. So that is some of the reasons why the three schools are leary to play Big 12 schools.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Info today on 810 said that the Big 12 was worth 250 Million dollars. OU and Texas was worth 125 Mill by themselves. That means the other 8 are worth only 125 Million. 25 Million of that is basketball only. 100 Million is the 8 remaining Big12 schools. That shows that KU has no negotiations power. They are only worth 3-6 Million at most, for basketball, and very little of the 12 Million per school for football. K State not any better. Probably OSU has the most leverage with football and basketball.

The Big 12 says they want to stick together, but West Virginia is on an island and will look to protect themselves, and OSU, KU, etc. are going to break off as soon as possible too. The most likely scenario, although not totally foreseeable, is that the Big12 breaks up further when the few with the most gravitas break away.

None of them want AAC schools to be their partner. They will have to hit rock bottom before that, and by that time, they will have 1-3 break away on their own.
      Last edited by Shockm; August 4, 2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• So the nerds (B12) want to get asked to the dance, but they don't want to go with the Band Leader/Valedictorian (AAC).

They are waiting around for the Cheerleader/Prom Queen to ask them out (B1G, PAC, and ACC), not admitting to themselves she is out of their league.

Instead of going with the gal they might actually get along with, their pride and ego blind them into thinking: "I'll just stay at home if I can't go with the 10".

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom, before realizing your place in the world.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There was some serious bad blood between those two programs for a while. I would hope that UT and OU take the high road. We'll see what happens.
          Is that the same road that led to them leaving and stranding their brethren?

Comment

• I hope KU chokes of the next load of jism that they swallow

Comment

• The way Matt Tate (KU Media or message board guy) talked, KU thought they deserved a chance for BIG. I wouldn’t doubt that they would give away all of their football and basketball shares for 10 years, maybe more, just to be invited.

Comment

• If the b8(+2) remains a conference no one is going to confuse it with the 'old' b8(+2). Those days are now (as of last week) officially over. They'll be playing on FS1, and maybe Fox Sports, channel 34, on a Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  The way Matt Tate (KU Media or message board guy) talked, KU thought they deserved a chance for BIG. I wouldn’t doubt that they would give away all of their football and basketball shares for 10 years, maybe more, just to be invited.
                  Desperately, but they'd find the going a little tougher on the hardwood.

That's probably hard to believe to the b12 faithful here in Kansas (of course) who don't really watch much Basketball beyond the b12. Nebraska fans thought they were gonna' go in flexing b12 style and own the Midwest, which didn't happen. It's sad, but the Big Red is really unwatchable anymore. Never thought that would happen.

Comment

Not really.
                    Not as cute as the Bill.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• No news for what, the 4th day now? I guess WSU is down to the Sun Belt now eventually. Another week of no news and we'll be down to NAIA status.

Depressing.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        No news for what, the 4th day now? I guess WSU is down to the Sun Belt now eventually. Another week of no news and we'll be down to NAIA status.

Depressing.
                        There was news yesterday. It's just comical news.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...pn-role-502451

Wonder if they will also investigate why KSU gets 20x more TV revenue than WSU if we are talking about anti-trust here ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder if they will also investigate why KSU gets 20x more TV revenue than WSU if we are talking about anti-trust here ...
                          Good grief. The DOJ has a few higher priorities that they are ignoring at the present time.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not really news. Just another politician, doing everything he can to get votes. The majority of KU, and K State'ers, usually hate each other both in politics and on the field/court, but he is preaching to the choir here. He probably won't get very many liberal Larryville votes though even though he is on their side in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Good grief. The DOJ has a few higher priorities that they are ignoring at the present time.
                              I think the issue of realignment absolutely is something the DOJ should investigate. This has far-reaching implications into the stability of the educational system of this country. And many of these institutions are getting tax dollars while trying to act like NFL franchises. We need to get back to collegiate, amateur sports. Perhaps the DOJ could give the NCAA some teeth.

Comment

I think the issue of realignment absolutely is something the DOJ should investigate. This has far-reaching implications into the stability of the educational system of this country. And many of these institutions are getting tax dollars while trying to act like NFL franchises. We need to get back to collegiate, amateur sports. Perhaps the DOJ could give the NCAA some teeth.
                                The NCAA just got their teeth knocked out by the Supreme Court. As a result Bama already has a millionaire on their roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X