Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    Nobody wants Olympic sports period.
    I like baseball and volleyball, and a lot of other Shox fans do too. If you are a Shocker fan, you have a lot of us who disagree, but I’m not convinced you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Cute.

Those pictures were all taken when OU and Texas came to town.

Still cute though.
      Yeah. Baylor has to tarp off half of their stadium to look full.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Comparing that to the B12 stadiums you posted, it’s no wonder Texas A&M wanted out. Big12 looks like a G5 conference.
          Nebraska has sucked for over a decade. Still added to a stadium and no longer looks like any Big 12 stadiums not OU or Texas. The expansions to having 90,000 people during a game occurred after they moved to the B1G. I think Cold is a little right, and so is everyone else. Current Big 12 stadiums are not to the SEC or B1G standard, but they all could be built up. I'm sure if KU were offfered a spot in the B1G, beyond a requirement to invest in football, they would have a huge buy-in. If I ran KU, I'd pay whatever the B1G demanded, and I'd be on the phone with every donor, big or small, to help row the financial boat. However this turns out, KU will be spending U-Hauls full of Benjamins.
          huskers_3.jpg
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• However, Big 12 stadiums are pretty much to the standard of many Pac schools.
            Look 139663e1cc2fb459532604c4fa8d65c0-1.jpg

Attached Files
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• The hang up for PAC is the religious schools. It will be interesting to see how they deal with that.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• galler-img4.jpg
                Utah's stadium, other than being built above ground, is a lot like Jack Trice at at Iowa State.

Comment

The hang up for PAC is the religious schools. It will be interesting to see how they deal with that.
                  Money will fix that. Plus, they ain't dealing with the Mormons. I have no problem with Mormons, but some do.

Comment

• I may be geeking out, but I love looking at stadiums.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Money will fix that. Plus, they ain't dealing with the Mormons. I have no problem with Mormons, but some do.
                      Money is the problem. Baylor is ruled by the Southern Baptist Confrence and the PAC wants no part of that.

Comment

• One would think that if the Big 12 and Pac-12 merged, there would be divisions to make travel and scheduling easier. A pretty easy split would be east and west, with the east division being the current Big 8 plus Colorado and Utah. Travel wouldn't be much worse than now for current Big 8 teams if they had a division system like this.

I'm for this if it means the American gets to stay intact and our other two D1 schools in Kansas get to stay in a P4 conference.

Comment

The hang up for PAC is the religious schools. It will be interesting to see how they deal with that.
                          I thought the west coast outlawed religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Nebraska has sucked for over a decade. Still added to a stadium and no longer looks like any Big 12 stadiums not OU or Texas. The expansions to having 90,000 people during a game occurred after they moved to the B1G. I think Cold is a little right, and so is everyone else. Current Big 12 stadiums are not to the SEC or B1G standard, but they all could be built up. I'm sure if KU were offfered a spot in the B1G, beyond a requirement to invest in football, they would have a huge buy-in. If I ran KU, I'd pay whatever the B1G demanded, and I'd be on the phone with every donor, big or small, to help row the financial boat. However this turns out, KU will be spending U-Hauls full of Benjamins.
                            huskers_3.jpg
                            “ ku will be spending U-hauls full of benjamins.” Is this a cross post from the ku recruiting board?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I like baseball and volleyball, and a lot of other Shox fans do too. If you are a Shocker fan, you have a lot of us who disagree, but I’m not convinced you are.
                              I was speaking of the universities themselves. The Olympic sports, on a whole, are money losers. I predict down the road, with conference realignment they will be relegated to D2 schools only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I was speaking of the universities themselves. The Olympic sports, on a whole, are money losers. I predict down the road, with conference realignment they will be relegated to D2 schools only.
                                They are money losers on the face of it but they have to have them because of Title IX.

Comment

Working...
                                X