Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodness… what DO they see in him???

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Memphis is rumored to have FedEx putting together a recruting package for 2 of the top players in this upcoming BB class.
      Looks like you were right.

Too bad Koch would never do anything similar (or donate like a T Boone Pickens)...
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...089824769?s=19
        They are rumored to also land the #1 2022 prospect who also is going to reclassify to 2021.

Lots of egos ... But they should be good. But it will be Memphis... They will fall on their face in the non con ... Then beat us ... Lose to Tulsa ... Then miss the tourney. It's a yearly tradition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They are rumored to also land the #1 2022 prospect who also is going to reclassify to 2021.

Lots of egos ... But they should be good. But it will be Memphis... They will fall on their face in the non con ... Then beat us ... Lose to Tulsa ... Then miss the tourney. It's a yearly tradition.
          At least they're consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...089824769?s=19
            This should set an interesting ripple effect within their roster. I don't know who their walk-ons are, but they're showing 13 players on their roster now and that doesn't include Tyler Harris who went back to Memphis (I'm assuming he's sitting out?) and should be taking a scholarship.

I know Cisse (18 mpg) moved on, but they still have JR center Dandridge who played 12 mpg, FR 4 star center Onu, and SR Deandre Williams along the front line (not counting the 3 star FR Camden).

Comment

• Are these guys 1 and dones?
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Are these guys 1 and dones?
                Not if they're playing for Penny. Penny has an uncanny ability to turn one-and-dones into two or three year players.

Comment

• One and dones are overrated. They typically start slow and play like a really good freshman player the 2nd half, then they’re gone. If that’s how he wants to build a program, more power to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    Are these guys 1 and dones?
                    Duren is for sure. If they get Bates, he will be too young to enter the 2022 draft so he will have to have another year somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

This should set an interesting ripple effect within their roster. I don't know who their walk-ons are, but they're showing 13 players on their roster now and that doesn't include Tyler Harris who went back to Memphis (I'm assuming he's sitting out?) and should be taking a scholarship.

I know Cisse (18 mpg) moved on, but they still have JR center Dandridge who played 12 mpg, FR 4 star center Onu, and SR Deandre Williams along the front line (not counting the 3 star FR Camden).
                      Tyler Harris is walking on

Comment

• Hey good for Memphis. This is important. They needed to land Jalen Duren because, well, he's awesome and Memphis hasn't made an NCAA Tournament since 2014. They haven't made a Sweet 16 since John Calipari was still the head coach. Not exactly ideal for a pretty decent basketball program. Instead Penny talks about how he wants all the smoke and then ... just doesn't win.

Comment

• Wow great sign for Penny and Memphis. Does this mean that both Memphis and Houston will be listed in the preseason top 25 rankings?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                            Wow great sign for Penny and Memphis. Does this mean that both Memphis and Houston will be listed in the preseason top 25 rankings?
                            I think they have been in some of the preseason polls. The AAC could have 5 very good teams this year if UCF can get it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

I think they have been in some of the preseason polls. The AAC could have 5 very good teams this year if UCF can get it together.
                              I think many AAC fans think the same way you do. I know I agree with you . But the national media and other fans think this conference only has 2 teams. Memphis and Houston. WSU, SMU, and UCF have to do a better job winning games in their nonconference schedule. If everybody pulls their weight and win games this conference has a chance to send more than 2 teams to the tournament. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                                Wow great sign for Penny and Memphis. Does this mean that both Memphis and Houston will be listed in the preseason top 25 rankings?
                                In the CBS 25 (+1) basketball rankings, Houston is 12th, Memphis is now 17th.

Comment

Working...
                                X