Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      It would be a mistake if the AAC stopped at 11 teams. For the 12th team, if they AAC can't pair a football school (Army or maybe App State) with an Olympic sports partner (A10 team) the AAC would be hard pressed to find a better all-sports add than Liberty (as controversial as that may be). Liberty is strong at basketball and football, has a large student body + alumni base, and is a geographic bridge between Temple and ECU.
      Sorry but liberty gets a no vote from me. You cite a large student body which is 15,000 strong and the rest is on!INE students. As I stated earlier cry it's a grey UNC Charlotte fit nicely into larger metro universities

Comment

• Totally underwhelming without SDSU and / or Boise St. in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Totally underwhelming without SDSU and / or Boise St. in my opinion.
          I'm still hopeful those dominos can fall.

If not, Army + a good olympic sport add could be really good.

Comment

Totally underwhelming without SDSU and / or Boise St. in my opinion.
            Yep. I guess it's fine for football, but as far as WSU is concerned, this doesn't move the needle at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Sorry but liberty gets a no vote from me. You cite a large student body which is 15,000 strong and the rest is on!INE students. As I stated earlier cry it's a grey UNC Charlotte fit nicely into larger metro universities
              I think the 80,000 online students still count as part of the student body in terms of eyeballs on TV sets. Sure a lot of them probably don't feel associated to the school's athletics, but I'm sure a lot of them do. If the school didn't have political baggage (likely the reason it gets left out) it would be a slam dunk addition to the AAC. I could be off here, but I have heard a lot of people put Liberty out there as a possible addition and nobody has anything bad to say about the school's athletics profile.

For reference, Memphis has a total enrollment of 21,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Yep. I guess it's fine for football, but as far as WSU is concerned, this doesn't move the needle at all.
                Heck I would be happier with Nevada or UNLV also.

Comment

Heck I would be happier with Nevada or UNLV also.
                  If Aresco is looking for eyeballs, I would this UNLV could be appealing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Colorado state is normally a good bball team. At least NIT level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Colorado state is normally a good bball team. At least NIT level.
                      Colorado State has been mediocre over the past decade. Air Force has been a disaster at basketball. Here are the Kenpom rankings for the last 10 years:
                      Colorado State Air Force
                      2021 76 332
                      2020 99 197
                      2019 180 243
                      2018 224 237
                      2017 86 222
                      2016 144 242
                      2015 72 204
                      2014 128 252
                      2013 22 99
                      2012 88 188
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Nothing about either team will help the conference from a basketball standpoint.

Comment

• Ok name your realistic adds then?

Colorado state is in the upper tier of realistic adds.

Comment

• And Colorado State with better exposure could improve that basketball, which isn't horrible as a whole.

Plus, the TV money side of things still matters as well. CSU has invested in football and I believe their facilities as a whole are supposed to be pretty good. They could be a boost and they bring AFA which is a boost for the media contract. UAB brings a pretty decent athletic department that is investing heavily in basketball as well as football.

And getting just CSU and AFA could pave the way for others, but that may have to wait to see what the B12 does in a couple of years with their new TV deal and see if they add another couple of schools. Both BSU and SDSU think they have a shot so why would they want to pay a 12M exit fee now and then turn around in a couple of years to pay another 10M+ if they got an invite?

I like the three that have been mentioned and would be interested in who the 4th would be. Good additions for the conference with potential for more westward expansion in a couple of years.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Is UNLV out of the picture?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Is UNLV out of the picture?
                                Doesn't appear to have ever been in the picture for some reason. I'm guessing ESPN provided a list of yes and no

Comment

Working...
                                X