Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

My guess is Baylor, OSU, TT and then KSU and TCU are the 3-5 teams.
    No Way OSU.... that would be the dream scenario.

Comment

• Sounds more and more desperate for the short term payday

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Spot on. Bowlsby selected the nuclear option. He figures the B12 is going down one way or another, so he'll try to take the AAC down with it.

My guess for the 3-5: Baylor, ISU, KU, KSU, and WVU. My other guess is OSU, TT, and TCU are chatting with the Pac 12.
        Zero chance w/ KU. But that would be the kind of karma that fractures the universe. Hahahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

My guess is Baylor, OSU, TT and then KSU and TCU are the 3-5 teams.
          Possible that everyone is UNDERVALUING football in this scenario, and ku is being left behind? football drives the bus!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

Agreed. He’s going after 38-62% of his conference!
            Desperation makes people do dumb stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sounds more and more desperate for the short term payday
              Do they really get $37M a year each? There's NO WAY that conference breaks up even if there's 4 schools left lmfao. It's better than being independent or joining ..... The American.

Good God that's a lot of cabbage.

Comment

• I am waiting for something from Taylor, or Parrish/Norlander.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Do they really get $37M a year each? There's NO WAY that conference breaks up even if there's 4 schools left lmfao. It's better than being independent or joining ..... The American.

Good God that's a lot of cabbage.

They get 37M a year WITH Texas and OU. They won't get that when the contract is reopened due to a change in composition

Comment

• Live look at ESPN right now ...

I'd say they appear unphased by Bowlsbys desperation

Comment

• The media markets might be carrying WSU (hopefully) into the promised land
                      The Assman

Comment

• This feels like it ends any possibility of the Big XII poaching AAC schools. ESPN will make sure it doesn't happen. Unless the Big XII can find another massive TV contract elsewhere... Which seems unlikely

Comment

• This could get bitter before it's all over, but not for ESPN, if the mighty b12 don't slow it's roll.

They're (ESPN) just trying to give the people what they want; Saturday evening entertainment (Johnny sixpack don't care about no go**amn covid on the weekend).

Comment

• I'm going to have my beer and popcorn at the ready when the B12-2-2 leftovers start grovelling to get into other conferences (including the AAC).
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...ec/5386994001/

It's just a really, really selfish move on the part of OU/UT to leave the B12. A small financial gain for destabilizing everything. Can the NCAA veto the SEC's acceptance of the two teams? Do they have that power?
                              I think someone has hacked Cold's account.

Comment

Zero chance w/ KU. But that would be the kind of karma that fractures the universe. Hahahaha.
                                If I were a betting man, I’d say KU considers the AAC as its distant third option. Their options (as they consider them):
                                1. B1G
                                2. Big East with independent football (the UConn model)
                                3. AAC with at least 3 other B12 members
                                4. Hold the B12 together
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X