Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Unless you have something directly from the horses' mouths, don't believe the delusional CSU fans as to what they can do. They still believe that they undeservingly got snubbed by the Big 12 several years ago.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WSU needs to get out of this conference of Big 12 wannabes and make a serious effort to get into the Big East. Just tear down the football stadium, build a nice track stadium and be like “Big East we need you” lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
        WSU needs to get out of this conference of Big 12 wannabes and make a serious effort to get into the Big East. Just tear down the football stadium, build a nice track stadium and be like “Big East we need you” lol
        No
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I just went through the CSU football roster and outside of California, I don't see this hurting their recruiting all that much.

Unless I botched something, they have 117 players on their roster. Obviously some of those are walk-ons and probably from Colorado. So, not counting Colorado, as they don't lose that state, they have 22 players from states that currently house MWC schools. 12 of those are California. Nevada and Arizona each have 4.

States that will house AAC teams, they have 30. And then there are still other more southern states (Georgia mostly) that would add another 11. So they're already recruiting quite a bit in the south.

In basketball, they only have 2 players west of the Rockies, and one of those is from New Zealand. Three technically. Another is from AZ but prepped in NC. Most of the rest of the team comes from Texas with a few each from IL and MN.

I would hope that being in the American might help them boost the level of recruits they can land, but it doesn't seem to have a major impact on where they seem to recruit based off of current rosters.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Not that we need any help filling Koch Arena .. but i'd think we could do some pretty cool partnership events with McConnell whenever AFA comes to Koch Arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Not that we need any help filling Koch Arena .. but i'd think we could do some pretty cool partnership events with McConnell whenever AFA comes to Koch Arena.
              How about yellow and black digital camo shirts? Too much?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

How about yellow and black digital camo shirts? Too much?
                I already have one.

Comment

• Colorado State and Air Force are good gets for the American. I think UAB would be another good get. Army would be good if they could be added in all sports, in order to keep an even number of teams in football and basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                    Colorado State and Air Force are good gets for the American. I think UAB would be another good get. Army would be good if they could be added in all sports, in order to keep an even number of teams in football and basketball.
                    Nobody would want Army for all sports and I'm pretty sure Army wouldn't want that either. AFA would probably prefer to have their non-football sports in a difference conference but don't have any geographical fits to limit travel and be able to compete. So they're all in. Army would almost definitely keep their other sports in the Patriot. You either live with that arrangement or find a non-football school to fill the gap (Dayton).
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Nobody would want Army for all sports and I'm pretty sure Army wouldn't want that either. AFA would probably prefer to have their non-football sports in a difference conference but don't have any geographical fits to limit travel and be able to compete. So they're all in. Army would almost definitely keep their other sports in the Patriot. You either live with that arrangement or find a non-football school to fill the gap (Dayton).
                      Uneven number of teams doesn't really matter much in basketball as long as you have enough teams. Once you get over 10-11 teams, you are staggering scheduling anyways. I believe the even number this is a football thing due to divisions and conference championship game rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Uneven number of teams doesn't really matter much in basketball as long as you have enough teams. Once you get over 10-11 teams, you are staggering scheduling anyways. I believe the even number this is a football thing due to divisions and conference championship game rules.
                        It can also help with non-revenue sports where travel partners is actually a cost savings thing. And lets also be honest, USMA with AFA would hurt basketball. At least with a football only Army, you get their actual value, with a strong basketball add with them, much like Wichita/Navy, would benefit that conference. But it doesn't have to happen.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Not a bad idea. But I notice Dayton has a football program. I would prefer a school like VCU that doesn't have football, so we could have another basketball-centered full conference member.

Comment

Not a bad idea. But I notice Dayton has a football program. I would prefer a school like VCU that doesn't have football, so we could have another basketball-centered full conference member.
                            Dayton football is a part of the football-only Pioneer League, an oddball FCS conference in which no scholarships are given for football. It is kind of college football, and kind of isn't. For the purposes of realignment, they are effectively an olympic-only, football-less school.

Comment

As SHOCKvalue said, Dayton football doesn't matter and is just above VCU football which is club level. If a school with club level football doesn't scare you, a school with non-scholarship football shouldn't either. Do you think Drake having non-scholarship football makes them more focused on football than basketball? Hell, there are schools with FBS football that aren't football schools. Quite a few.

And personally, when it comes down to VCU and Dayton, I tend to lean towards Dayton because of the crowd support they have. They're generally one of the best attended programs in the country and that speaks volumes. VCU is well attended, but has less than half the capacity as Dayton if I remember correctly.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

As SHOCKvalue said, Dayton football doesn't matter and is just above VCU football which is club level. If a school with club level football doesn't scare you, a school with non-scholarship football shouldn't either. Do you think Drake having non-scholarship football makes them more focused on football than basketball? Hell, there are schools with FBS football that aren't football schools. Quite a few.

And personally, when it comes down to VCU and Dayton, I tend to lean towards Dayton because of the crowd support they have. They're generally one of the best attended programs in the country and that speaks volumes. VCU is well attended, but has less than half the capacity as Dayton if I remember correctly.
                                I didn't realize Dayton basketball had the value that it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X