Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swellafelon View Post

You have a short memory. If I recall correctly the MVC was a two bid conference last year: automatic qualifier Loyola and at-large Drake. Really surprised you forgot about Drake; after all you guys lost to them in the tourney.

I think the MVC is poised this season for another two tourney bids from among Loyola, Drake, Missouri State and Northern Iowa.

Wichita State looks to have a good chance of making the tournament as well. It would be a fun first round match up between #4 seed Loyola and #13 seed WSU.
    You seem to be confused .... as a 4 seed in the NIT Loyola would be playing 5 seed Washington State. Easy mistake.

Comment

You have a short memory. If I recall correctly the MVC was a two bid conference last year
      Last year was an outlier for the MVC. It is not the norm and it a testament of the disruption of COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You seem to be confused .... as a 4 seed in the NIT Loyola would be playing 5 seed Washington State. Easy mistake.
        Nice try. Since the NIT has a field of 16, there are no 5 seeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Last year was an outlier for the MVC. It is not the norm and it a testament of the disruption of COVID.
          Nice try. Do you blame Covid for your loss to Drake too?

Comment

Nice try. Do you blame Covid for your loss to Drake too?
            No, I blame missing 15 out 18 open looks from 3pt-land

Comment

You have a short memory. If I recall correctly the MVC was a two bid conference last year: automatic qualifier Loyola and at-large Drake. Really surprised you forgot about Drake; after all you guys lost to them in the tourney.

I think the MVC is poised this season for another two tourney bids from among Loyola, Drake, Missouri State and Northern Iowa.

Wichita State looks to have a good chance of making the tournament as well. It would be a fun first round match up between #4 seed Loyola and #13 seed WSU.
              You have a weird obsession with WSU and its message board. I know it's because you're seeking validation but it's been 4 years now since we've been in the same conference. Time to move on already. Nobody cares about the middies here anymore.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I try not to go to the "you are an absolute a$$hole" route, but in this case I will make an exception. Drake lost their hottest player. Loyola lost their coach. MVC teams recovering from losses like that is like the Chiefs recovering from an interception and two fumbles.
                Last edited by WuTheOne; September 26, 2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Nice try. Since the NIT has a field of 16, there are no 5 seeds.
                  Nice try but it's actually 32 teams when it isn't shortened for covid.

I get all this postseason play is new for Loyola fans since your season has historical been over the first week of March.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I try not to go to the "you are an absolute a$$hole" route, but in this case I will make an exception. Drake lost their hottest player. Loyola lost their coach. MVC teams recovering from losses like that is like the Chiefs recovering from an interception and two fumbles.
                    Let's not forget. Loyola not only lost Moser, but they also lost Krutwig who chose not to return for his extra year.

Those two people were the only reason they did anything worthwhile the last few years

Comment

• Loyola will have to be the AQ this year to get into the ncaa tournament. Not a great ooc schedule. They do have Michigan State and an sec Vanderbilt and Depaul on the schedule but with the likes of Chicago State, UIC, Coppin State, Norfolk and Roosevelt? and the mvc they really need to win out in the mvc

Comment

• can we please change the thread title to "happenings around the valley?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nice try but it's actually 32 teams when it isn't shortened for covid.
                          Point well taken.

(I'm going to take a break from posting for a while since I don't want to wear out my welcome. (Too late?)
                          I enjoy gently ribbing the Shockernet community but mean no disrespect.)
                          Last edited by swellafelon; September 27, 2021, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Air Force and Colorado state are now being reported as being announced as early as next week. No one else mentioned "done". I'm guessing Aresco is locking these two in while still pulling at Boise and SDSU. They might not have fully believed AFA and CSU would jump. Losing a Service academy and Colorado State will undoubtedly make their TV contract take a hit.

Source is Brett McMurphy on a podcast.

Comment

• I like CSU for basketball. I would say they effectively replace UCF in terms of basketball results. Air Force, on the other hand, will be a basement dweller almost every year...

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                                I like CSU for basketball. I would say they effectively replace UCF in terms of basketball results. Air Force, on the other hand, will be a basement dweller almost every year...
                                Air Force brings TV value .. which doesn't help us tremendously .. but I understand why. It's a service academy. It also now has built a western gateway for what is hopefully better BB adds.

I'm also hoping the eastern and ESPN exposure will help CSU recruiting to move from a UCF level to a SMU level bball school.

Comment

Working...
                                X