Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Who gives a flying ****? If were Marshall, I would list getting rid of the call in option on the coaches show as the top line item of my resume for my next job.

Not to mention you could still submit a question to Mike and if it wasn’t completely idiotic (like most of questions from callers) it would still get relayed to the coach minus the “uhhhh, unnngg, coach, uhhh, ummm, I was wondering, hiccup, burp”.
    Seriously, the Pre and Post game shows need a Jim Rome manual buzzer on bad callers.

Unfortunately, it would break from overuse after one game.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      The fact that ******* is trying to downplay the possibility of WSU hiring Matta makes me want him more. Seems like that would be a HUGE middle finger to *******.

He's been really hoping for the downfall of WSU.
      Based on articles I've read on Matta, it seems like he tends to give ******* information on his job search. Here's an example - https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...asketball-team -******* didn't need to throw out the ole anonymous source thing, Matta told him himself.

It'd look bad for any possible coach to be talking about taking over while the current head coach is still at the job, so Matta may deny he's interested and then just happen to change his mind if Marshall leaves.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

You mean NM State?
        I meant the state, not university. But yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Based on articles I've read on Matta, it seems like he tends to give ******* information on his job search. Here's an example - https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...asketball-team -******* didn't need to throw out the ole anonymous source thing, Matta told him himself.

It'd look bad for any possible coach to be talking about taking over while the current head coach is still at the job, so Matta may deny he's interested and then just happen to change his mind if Marshall leaves.
          Fair .. but *******'s tweet was basically that Matta is happy being retired. So doesn't seem like he had breaking news that Matta said no. He's just trying to downplay the possibility

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I meant the state, not university. But yeah.
            Tangential, but in regards to NM and NM-State:

Comment

• One thing to keep in mind with possible coaching names being throw out there is:

1 - some people are probably just throwing names out there so they can claim they were the first to report it if it happens.

2 - the university may be using some people to thrown names out there to see what the public reaction is and see if anything bad is brought up by the public that they missed.

3 - almost all coaches contracts, including Marshall's, say if there is a buyout, the ex-coach needs to look for another job to help lessen the buyout. This was from an article about Matta - https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/0...lumbus_on.html

"The $9 million buyout paid to him by Ohio State stipulates that Matta has to seek "comparable" employment, whether in coaching or the media. But someone leaking his name for one job would have sufficed, and that's mostly boilerplate stuff anyway. Matta's name coming up in three job searches was about more than just keeping up appearances."

I imagine Manning had a similar clause and you'll probably see his name thrown out every so often even though he may never coach again and takes the Charlie Weis approach to living via buyout.

Comment

• I don’t like the thought of hiring a guy who got fired from a Power conference. Has the administration looked into Joe Auer to possibly fill the void? Hiring a local Wichita legend could help repair our tarnished national image. Plus anyone who has watched the City League knows he can flat out coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Who gives a flying ****? If were Marshall, I would list getting rid of the call in option on the coaches show as the top line item of my resume for my next job.
                  Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't. It would work fine if you invest in call screening. It didn't work with Marshall because of his condescending attitude and you might piss him off if you actually asked him a tough coaching question.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichitashockerthrunthru View Post
                    I don’t like the thought of hiring a guy who got fired from a Power conference. Has the administration looked into Joe Auer to possibly fill the void? Hiring a local Wichita legend could help repair our tarnished national image. Plus anyone who has watched the City League knows he can flat out coach.
                    Don't forget Steve Eck while you're at it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                      One thing to keep in mind with possible coaching names being throw out there is:

1 - some people are probably just throwing names out there so they can claim they were the first to report it if it happens.

2 - the university may be using some people to thrown names out there to see what the public reaction is and see if anything bad is brought up by the public that they missed.

3 - almost all coaches contracts, including Marshall's, say if there is a buyout, the ex-coach needs to look for another job to help lessen the buyout. This was from an article about Matta - https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/0...lumbus_on.html

"The $9 million buyout paid to him by Ohio State stipulates that Matta has to seek "comparable" employment, whether in coaching or the media. But someone leaking his name for one job would have sufficed, and that's mostly boilerplate stuff anyway. Matta's name coming up in three job searches was about more than just keeping up appearances."

I imagine Manning had a similar clause and you'll probably see his name thrown out every so often even though he may never coach again and takes the Charlie Weis approach to living via buyout.
                      Hasn't Matta's payments from OSU completed though? I think i read that already.

Comment

While I like the prospect of Griffin there would be these allegations to deal with. Not sure timing and circumstances would be in his favor.
                        Yeesh.
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Plus anyone who has watched the City League knows he can flat out coach and is a Grade A pr*ck.
                          FIFY
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I don’t like the thought of hiring a guy who got fired from a Power conference. Has the administration looked into Joe Auer to possibly fill the void? Hiring a local Wichita legend could help repair our tarnished national image. Plus anyone who has watched the City League knows he can flat out coach.
                            Thanks for your input joe. Next.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Hasn't Matta's payments from OSU completed though? I think i read that already.
                              The payments ended in June 2020, so anything after July 1 wouldn't apply anymore. Seth Davis throwing his name out there was probably more #1 :) But I just used Matta's buyout part as an example of how it's likely true for Danny Manning.

Comment

Don't forget Steve Eck while you're at it
                                I hear the KMC basketball coach is available

Comment

Working...
                                X