Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Let's just assume we don't pay the next coach $3.5 mil, which unless we are getting an established (name) coach, we shouldn't. We'll still pay him a couple mil I'm guessing. I don't know the numbers, but that is a raise for probably 80% of the coaches in the country, right? And given that 80% of those coaches have never been backed by anything remotely close to the atmosphere at Koch arena in their lives. I'm just gonna say that almost every coach outside the power 5 is ours for the taking if we want them. You're gonna sell me that we can't find someone to win at WSU when we can basically pick any head coach of about 75% of division coaches in the country and countless #'s of assistants, including in the power 5?

Wow, GM isn't God. And he doesn't need to be a dick to motivate players either.
    Here’s a hot take for you. I think there are quality P5 head coaches who we could lure to the 316. You can’t tell me that someone like Tad Boyle wouldn’t give it some thought...and you could do a lot worse than him. That’s just one example off the top of my head.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Just trying to educate posters on this board who "...severely criticized me in an especially public way" without justification. No apologies from any of them as some of them now appear to have reached "their fill" of Marshall's boorish behavior.

My hope now is that WSU can avoid paying the $15 million exit fee by firing Marshall's ugly ass for cause.

Comment

• I wonder if exit negotiations involving a settlement ( somewhere between 15 million and zero

Comment

• Disregard previous post. For whatever reason main text was deleted. Apologies

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Bad example. They may not have replaced wooden who is the greatest college coach of all time but they did have a coach take them to 3 consecutive final fours in 2006-2008 and have been to 3 sweet 16s since 2014. So they haven't had any problem finding coaches with better results than Marshall IMO
            You cite 6 years out of the last 45. Thanks for making my point. So you think we can recruit like UCLA? When have we done that in the last 75 years? UCLA fans will tell you before anyone. Hold on to your terrific Coach and btw John Wooden was a mean SOB. Watch any old UCLA game; he is plante in the grill of all his players and jumpin their asses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

You cite 6 years out of the last 45. Thanks for making my point. So you think we can recruit like UCLA? When have we done that in the last 75 years? UCLA fans will tell you before anyone. Hold on to your terrific Coach and btw John Wooden was a mean SOB. Watch any old UCLA game; he is plante in the grill of all his players and jumpin their asses.
              If you think that made your point .. then well .. you need help.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                "I'm not gonna support WSU if they fire the coach"

See ya. You don't support WSU anyways if its dependent on who the coach is. I would rather not have fans in the fan base that are willing to put wins over assaulting a player anyways.
                It’s not about who the coach is, it’s about cancel culture in the institution. I love Shocker basketball, but if they fire a coach for what is in the articles without substantial more proof (not just a handful of disgruntled players saying it happened) I can’t support it. It’s not about valuing wins over assault, it’s about finally seeing the degradation of our society finally finding its way into this program.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  It’s not about who the coach is, it’s about cancel culture in the institution. I love Shocker basketball, but if they fire a coach for what is in the articles without substantial more proof (not just a handful of disgruntled players saying it happened) I can’t support it. It’s not about valuing wins over assault, it’s about finally seeing the degradation of our society finally finding its way into this program.
                  Not trying to change your mind, but what is "substantial more proof" to you? It appears that Rauno has backed up the claims that it happened along with Ty Taylor. I will 100% back you that Ty is probably "disgruntled". I wouldn't consider Rauno a disgruntled player. Is having multiple players who finished out their career with WSU saying it happened enough for you? Is only video evidence?

It's really an honest question. In my personal opinion, if I lay out both sides and ask which is more likely to lie about the situation, I'd have to say Marshall has more incentive to lie about it (lots of $$$$). Not saying he is, but I'm not willing to right off MULTIPLE eyewitness reports just because Marshall said it didn't happen. If it's just Shaq and Ty, then yes ... that's a different story.

Comment

Not trying to change your mind, but what is "substantial more proof" to you? It appears that Rauno has backed up the claims that it happened along with Ty Taylor. I will 100% back you that Ty is probably "disgruntled". I wouldn't consider Rauno a disgruntled player. Is having multiple players who finished out their career with WSU saying it happened enough for you? Is only video evidence?

It's really an honest question. In my personal opinion, if I lay out both sides and ask which is more likely to lie about the situation, I'd have to say Marshall has more incentive to lie about it (lots of $$$$). Not saying he is, but I'm not willing to right off MULTIPLE eyewitness reports just because Marshall said it didn't happen. If it's just Shaq and Ty, then yes ... that's a different story.
                    Marshall has enough money that he is set up. He doesn't need to lie because of that anymore. That doesn't mean he wouldn't accept more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Marshall has enough money that he is set up. He doesn't need to lie because of that anymore. That doesn't mean he wouldn't accept more.
                      Agree to disagree. He has 15 million reasons to lie.

Comment

• "The most serious allegations come from former WSU player Shaquille Morris, who told Stadium that Marshall punched him in the head during an October 2015 practice and that he saw Marshall attempt to choke former assistant coach Kyle Lindsted. Five other players from WSU’s 2015-16 team have independently confirmed to The Eagle that Marshall hit Morris, while eight other players from the 2016-17 team have confirmed to The Eagle that Marshall put his hand around Lindsted’s throat."

The 2015-16 team has 6 players that have independently confirmed to The Eagle that Marshall hit Morris
                        The 2016-17 team has 9 players that have independently confirmed to The Eagle that Marshall put his hand around Lindsted's throat.

I can understand the questions around the definition of punch and definition of choking but to think these events didn't even occur or were made up by only disgruntled players that transferred out or media with an axe to grind is bordering on delusional.

Comment

It’s one thing to chirp on Twitter, it’s another thing to say it under oath. All we have is what was said to a reporter and the trial of public opinion because we don’t know what Shaq said when deposed.

I’ve said this before, Tyreek Hill is a fantastic case study on this. Tried and found guilty in public opinion 2 years ago, and when the truth came out that not only did he not do what he was accused of then, he didn’t do what he plead guilty to in court when he was at OSU.

Everybody seems to be attracted to a victim, and everybody wants to be a victim. I find that attitude repulsive. Granted, much of my view is influenced by the lifestyle I live, as well as this being put out there by Shaq and Patty 5 years later. Should have been reported at the time of the incident instead of stored in a little black binder.
                          Last edited by shock; October 22, 2020, 10:57 AM.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Well if we want to pay a coach $500,000 dollars, we could afford one right now. Here was an editorial in the newspaper from one of the largest Shocker donors and one of the biggest reasons he receives 3.5 Million dollars right now. Just go half way down the page. It doesn't really matter what many on here think unless we want to pay what Southwest Missouri State pays their coach.

https://eedition.kansas.com/ccidist-...3stic#/pages/9

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

It’s one thing to chirp on Twitter, it’s another thing to say it under oath. All we have is what was said to a reporter and the trial of public opinion because we don’t know what Shaq said when deposed.

I’ve said this before, Tyreek Hill is a fantastic case study on this. Tried and found guilty in public opinion 2 years ago, and when the truth came out that not only did he not do what he was accused of then, he didn’t do what he plead guilty to in court when he was at OSU.

Everybody seems to be attracted to a victim, and everybody wants to be a victim. I find that attitude repulsive. Granted, much of my attitude is influenced by the lifestyle I live, as well as this being put out there by Shaq and Patty 5 years later. Should have been reported at the time of the incident instead of stored in a little black binder.
                              I'm not sure you stated in there ... What is your definition of "Substantial more proof"? If Rauno stated under oath to the law firm it happened along with chirping on twitter is that enough? There were supposedly 5 corroborating reports to both ******* and Taylor. If all 5 stated under oath to the law firm that they saw it, is that enough? Or from your statements is there no form of evidence that overrules the 5 year time gap?

I get backing coach and wanting definitive proof. I just get the feeling that some people will NEVER have enough proof on this. Right now ... with what is PUBLICLY available, I'd agree that there isn't enough proof to just can him. I'm also pretty confident the people making the decisions have more proof than is publicly available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                Well if we want to pay a coach $500,000 dollars, we could afford one right now. Here was an editorial in the newspaper from one of the largest Shocker donors and one of the biggest reasons he receives 3.5 Million dollars right now. Just go half way down the page. It doesn't really matter what many on here think unless we want to pay what Southwest Missouri State pays their coach.

https://eedition.kansas.com/ccidist-...3stic#/pages/9
                                Cliff notes version?

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X