Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

As far as I'm concerned, the IHCIB interview process begins on the 15th and closes on the 3rd.
    Sooo what if we end up playing no games in that span... Cuz there a heck of a lot games in doubt at this point lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sooo what if we end up playing no games in that span... Cuz there a heck of a lot games in doubt at this point lol
      It will be lost opportunity for HCIB.

Comment

• The players play hard for him at times

Comment

• I'm gonna throw another name into the hat for a potential new HC.
          Dude just coached his game #250 at Northeastern, tying him with Jim Calhoun for wins at that program.
          Bill Coen...worth a look I think.
          Just putting this out there to state my belief that unless CIHCIB has a finish to the season that makes him a no-brainer choice to remove the interim label, we need to work from a large pool of candidates, and get away from the Jans vs. I Brown mkndset.
          I think this guy is at the stage in his career that he could come in on a handsome (not outrageous) compensation package, and achieve long term success.
          His ties to the NE aren't a bad thing to have recruiting wise.

Comment

• Honest question. Can an interim head coach make offers and potentially issue scholarships?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocknroll33 View Post
              I'm gonna throw another name into the hat for a potential new HC.
              Dude just coached his game #250 at Northeastern, tying him with Jim Calhoun for wins at that program.
              Bill Coen...worth a look I think.
              Just putting this out there to state my belief that unless CIHCIB has a finish to the season that makes him a no-brainer choice to remove the interim label, we need to work from a large pool of candidates, and get away from the Jans vs. I Brown mkndset.
              I think this guy is at the stage in his career that he could come in on a handsome (not outrageous) compensation package, and achieve long term success.
              His ties to the NE aren't a bad thing to have recruiting wise.
              Please don't take any offense. I don't know his game style or him for that matter, but when I looked him up, a name popped up in my head. Seems very much like Ben Jacobson. Both have been at their current school for quite some time and why? Actually, I'd say Jacobson has been more successful in a higher level conference than Coen, both in conference and from national exposure. Jacobson is also about 10 years younger. Not pushing Jacobson, just trying to see "why Coen over Jacobson" assuming both would move on from their long time schools.

Comment

• Fair point. Just more about who we include in the initial list. WSU IS a top job. This lets us look at an assortment of types of coaches. E.I. current power school assistants, current md-major heads, current major heads, previous high major heads not with a program, successful high major heads not being compensated appropriately,....etc...
                I just think that our pool of candidates is huge, and we should consider all avenues before locking in on just 1 or 2 guys we are all familiar with.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Honest question. Can an interim head coach make offers and potentially issue scholarships?
                  Don't see why not. Not sure why a kid would commit though. It appears IB is out offering kids now though.

Comment

• IB needs to let the recruiting world know that we’re still open for business. I doubt anyone would want to sign until the dust settles, but you can’t let that stop you from recruiting, especially if you want the top job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      IB needs to let the recruiting world know that we’re still open for business. I doubt anyone would want to sign until the dust settles, but you can’t let that stop you from recruiting, especially if you want the top job.
                      True. Also, these offers are obviously made under the condition the staff will be here next year and that we have scholarships available. Doesn’t make sense not to do that. TW is also building a relationship with them in case he is somewhere else next year, which I don’t blame him for doing.

Comment

• Is it not pretty much of a given that if a Kid signs a LOI, that if the HC leaves, the school will in the vast majority of of times, let the kid off the hook? Not sure about IHC? But does any school really want a DISCONTENT player on board? At least I hope we learned a lesson from this..

Plus the supposition that the young man signed probably somewhat based on the reputation of the School. OOPS, may need to walk tenderly on this one for a few more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

True. Also, these offers are obviously made under the condition the staff will be here next year and that we have scholarships available. Doesn’t make sense not to do that. TW is also building a relationship with them in case he is somewhere else next year, which I don’t blame him for doing.
                          If AG and TrW stay, their scholarships don't count against us.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If AG and TrW stay, their scholarships don't count against us.
                            neither one is a sure fire pro prospect for Euro ball. AG might be more than Trey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

neither one is a sure fire pro prospect for Euro ball. AG might be more than Trey.
                              I think AG can put on a show in the Euro leagues. Seems to fit his style a lot better.

Comment

• If a very good post player commits and then we end up getting a new coach, that player probably decommits, unless they were committing to the school and not the coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X