Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Don’t mean to be disrespectful here, but there’s absolutely no way something like that will happen. For many reasons.
    I can’t see him being serious but for you to disagree, isn’t being disrespectful. You sound like you are apologizing for disagreeing. Don’t apologize for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Don’t mean to be disrespectful here, but there’s absolutely no way something like that will happen. For many reasons.
      That’s fair. You are probably correct.

I don’t think it’s a highly likely it would be scenario that plays out, but just one that I’ve drawn up on the whiteboard.
      The Assman

Comment

• As much as I like the idea of bringing 3G back - it ain't going to happen. However, I do not begrudge one single dime that we have paid or are going to pay him. That dude put us back on the map, got us out of the MVC, and took us places that I didn't know were possible.

I will always be a WSU fan and a 3G fan. I also envy the school that hires him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

So he has three options, I suppose.
          I read Jan’s as a midwest guy more than just an Iowa guy. From what I heard, Jans’ family really really liked Wichita when they were here and were all sad to leave.

Comment

• My hope is that the group that paid for an add in the eagle has enough money and power behind it that they told DB, you let 3G go, you better think hard before hiring a replacement we don’t agree with and that they all want Jans.

Comment

• Shox have 2 decent road W's where they were the dogs. The team is making strides to be in consideration for the tourney. IB is making strides toward being HCIB. It's early and things can change, but I'm pretty solid with what appears to be happening so far.

I'd still favor Jans, but the team seems to be responding well to IB and the half time adjustments and zone D seemed to be winning coaching moves.

I remember the "FredEx" comments about FVV; "When it absolutely, positively has to get there". We might be moving toward the UPS spots: "What can Brown do for you".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I am not in favor of IB. I don’t care if he wins a natty this year with Greggs players, Ollie did too with Calhouns players. We need a proven D1 coach.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Falling in love with the next one in line after your first one leaves is very dangerous; applies to coaching, too. We should be VERY cautious going forward...

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    I am not in favor of IB. I don’t care if he wins a natty this year with Greggs players, Ollie did too with Calhouns players. We need a proven D1 coach.
                    I love IB, but I believe this is the best course of action.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      I am not in favor of IB. I don’t care if he wins a natty this year with Greggs players, Ollie did too with Calhouns players. We need a proven D1 coach.
                      IB recruited a number of these players. I think it is to early to make a decision on the permanent head coach but I like what IB has done. The players are in this together and they seem to respect IB and the other coaches. IB has been around a lot of wins. He seems to be growing as a head coach. GM left us in great shape with this coaching staff and our current players. I wish the Great Dane was still on the team but it wasn’t to be.

Comment

• AM with another very good game last night vs Colorado. Looks great on both ends of the court !

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          I remember the "FredEx" comments about FVV; "When it absolutely, positively has to get there". We might be moving toward the UPS spots: "What can Brown do for you".
                          Sorry, you teed it up... curious, what is "UDS"?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            AM with another very good game last night vs Colorado. Looks great on both ends of the court !
                            Wrong thread....
                            The Assman

Comment

• We can review coaches who have won with the previous coaches’ kids....
                              steve Fisher... pretty much worked out

struggling to think of others

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                                We can review coaches who have won with the previous coaches’ kids....
                                steve Fisher... pretty much worked out

struggling to think of others
                                I think there are quite a few. The challenge is sustained success.

-The guy who succeeded Fisher at SDSU
                                -Roy Williams at KU and UNC
                                -Bill Self at KU
                                -Bruce Weber for a few years at Ill
                                -Gary Thompson took WSU to a Final Four
                                -Mike Davis took Indiana to a Final Four
                                -Ollie at UConn
                                -Matt Painter at SIU and the other guy who succeeded Painter
                                -Frank Martin at KSU
                                -maybe even Gregg Marshall at WSU. Durley and Hatch were key parts of the NIT victory. Maybe Aaron Ellis too? Was he a Turgeon recruit?

Yes, that list has lots of flaws. Some only succeeded for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X