Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Matt Norlander thinks that the next coach (if it's not Beilen) would be coming in at 1.5 mil or so. Suggested Jacobson (puke) or McMahan at Murray State who is an up and comer
    Yeah I don't see Jacobson even considering the job, and if he did that would be very underwhelming.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

IF... If, Marshall is gone, I take great entertainment in the fact that the media considers UNI's coach to be a viable replacement candidate. Bet that's a huge blow to the ego of some UNI fans who fashion their program to be on the same level as WSU.

As for Ben Flopper as the next coach... ugh... please no.
      I'd reconsider my season tickets if he was the next coach. His brand of basketball is ugly and not fun to watch at all

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Matt Norlander thinks that the next coach (if it's not Beilen) would be coming in at 1.5 mil or so. Suggested Jacobson (puke) or McMahan at Murray State who is an up and comer
        Give me AG before either of those two options.

At least AG has some juice with the NBA connections (and a 5* son sitting out there).
        The Assman

Comment

• If it's jacobson the UNI will get thier goal of being at WSU level. They'll achieve it by WSU going down, rather than UNI going up though.

Comment

• Oops
            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; November 13, 2020, 05:48 PM. Reason: Wrong button on this damn phone

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Give me AG before either of those two options.

At least AG has some juice with the NBA connections (and a 5* son sitting out there).
              This sounds familiar....Griffin.....Chalmers.... or Manning? Oh, he can acutally coach!
              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                This is what I want. I want Adrian Griffin.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'd reconsider my season tickets if he was the next coach. His brand of basketball is ugly and not fun to watch at all
                  Perhaps, but sometimes your style is dictated by the horses you are able to get in your stable.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

This is what I want. I want Adrian Griffin.
                    It's the High Risk/Reward hire IMO. He checks a lot of boxes besides prior d1 coaching experience. He really wants to be here though

Comment

It's the High Risk/Reward hire IMO. He checks a lot of boxes besides prior d1 coaching experience. He really wants to be here though
                      I like the high reward part. And I also think that you get AG, and when FVV is ready to retire, he becomes an assistant here.

I can dream.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Griffin has some issues though, doesn't he? McMahon will get a big job after this year someplace. we'll have lots of choices I bet.

Comment

I'm starting to warm to him. Just not sure they can deal with the elephant in the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I'm starting to warm to him. Just not sure they can deal with the elephant in the room.
                            I agree. Might be an opportunity to let Isaac Brown coach this year then let his stuff work out in court if they have confidence that those allegations will be settled and disproven in court.

If it doesn't then as long as we aren't passing up a home run hire we can look during the coaches carousel next spring

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Yes it's just a game and yes the kids should be focussed primarily on school, and some are. But fact is we as fans acknowledge and are proud when our teams players make acedemic honor roll or get student Athele of the year, It is mild acknowledgement when compared to a championship. I think the same can be said for players as well.
                              Conversely to your "Fire him" statements, I hate loosing him and most on this site will too. It has the ability to impact every sport at WSU unless the new coach can maintain the fan enthusiasm that is WSU basketball.
                              That comment was sarcasm.

Comment

I'd agree and would probably consider the same regarding Manning. Totally different situation than when we hired Turgeon and even that didn't end particularly well.

Comment

Working...
                                X