No announcement yet.

2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He starts the article by saying certain schools start the season 10-0 because they are All-American check writers. Wouldn't there be more All-American check writers if the tournament was expanded??? In other words...wouldn't there simply be an additional eight P-5 schools getting an at-large every year???
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I think there is a case this year to expand.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        He starts the article by saying certain schools start the season 10-0 because they are All-American check writers. Wouldn't there be more All-American check writers if the tournament was expanded??? In other words...wouldn't there simply be an additional eight P-5 schools getting an at-large every year???
        I think he was saying some of those 0-10 aren’t as bad as their record says they are.

That those teams have to start with a lot of road games, because they aren’t blessed with $$$ like teams that can fly any team into their area, pay them a handsome check, and still make millions.

Conversely, that means if Duke starts of 10-0 but all games are against Little Sisters of the Poor and the Xenon School of Hair, that doesn’t mean they are super great either even though their record says they are undefeated.
        The Assman

Comment

• Make March Madness one week longer. 258 teams. I would watch alot of those match ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            Make March Madness one week longer. 258 teams. I would watch alot of those match ups.
            256 teams might work. Not sure about 258.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

256 teams might work. Not sure about 258.
              Must be a play in game and KU will get a first round bye.

Comment

• CBS and Jerry have us in as a 10 today.
                https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  CBS and Jerry have us in as a 10 today.
                  We're moving up and we haven't even played a game in 12 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

We're moving up and we haven't even played a game in 12 days.
                    Unfortunately, we might look like Baylor did last night. Hopefully, I’m wrong. I’m usually an optimist, but the time off does concern me.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• At least we’ve been practicing. Baylor had enough of health problems, it stopped their practices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        CBS and Jerry have us in as a 10 today.
                        Question is that as at-large or as the AAC automatic qualifier?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Question is that as at-large or as the AAC automatic qualifier?
                          10 is above the At large cutoff. Those are the last 11 and first 12 seeds. So we are in the last 4 byes or right above it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

10 is above the At large cutoff. Those are the last 11 and first 12 seeds. So we are in the last 4 byes or right above it.
                            We are the #1 10 Seed.

Comment

• Not playing yet getting a little love from Seth?

Comment

• Has there been a discussion of the NCAA's contingency plan?

2020-21D1MBB_TournamentReplacementPolicy.pdf (ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com)

I think the entire thing is incredibly relevant to both WSU and the ACC, as well as a couple of items I don't fully understand.

Am I reading this correctly? Once a bracket has been released, if a one bid team can't go, the conference can name a replacement, assuming they've been properly submitted, AND can provide 7 consecutive days of negative testing. I can all but promise you one bid leagues aren't going to have a team prepared for that contingency. WAY TOO expensive.

Also, I can't find where they say they'll find a replacement if a fill in team CAN'T provide that......and I assume because it will add to the at large.

If 1-6 bottom feeders get tossed for lack of protocol, and replaced by P5 at large, I won't be surprised.

Thoughts? Have I missed something?

Comment

Working...
                                X