2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

In the 60’s WSU hired a highly successful football coach named Boyd Converse. Jimmy Johnson was an Asst. Coach, and we spent a lot of money with the intent to become a football power. Our attempt was too robust at the time, and we were promptly were placed on 3 years of probation.

I think we we need to bring back football today. We now, would be able to compete by using the same methods we used on the 60’s. In addition, we could offer classes where students don’t have to attend (ala North Carolina), etc. In 1965, we were ahead of our time to compete in Div. 1 Football. Now we are ready.
    I was living in the dorms with the football players under Converse. Converse had gone to almost every school in the SEC, picking out players he wanted to transfer to WSU. He asked them if they were happy there. If they said yes, he came back with "How much would it take to make you unhappy". A JuCo coach moving to WSU doesn't go into the SEC, tamper with players under scholarship, and offer money for them to leave their school.

Converse moved WSU to the top of the NCAA's most penalized school list. That caused the NCAA to give WSU severe sanctions for relatively minor violations in the basketball program.

A startup football team doesn't get to go straight into the better conferences. I'll link the BEST WSU could do for conference affiliation, if they'd have us. Probably not get many fans interested in seeing those teams

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• That’s what I said. We are ready to cheat with the Big Guys

Comment

• Not really bracketology, but the new Net is out today.

In the midst of a 4 game winning streak, playing nobody below 150, and the only game this week a 1500 mile roadie to a team that was good enough to give the #25 team their only home loss, where the Shocks completed the sweep, and our best road win, Ole Miss, also on a 4 game heater, climbs to the top half of the SEC, and our NET falls from 74 to 79.

Not sure what to think of the "Net"...…...but I liked the movie a lot more......and the movie sucked.

Comment

• Just saw Palm has us as the 4th team on the last 4 out. Didn’t give any commentary on us though.

Comment

• The only way to “ fix” this is KSHSAA level.... everyone in at the beginning... and it is too totally unworkable...
            Last edited by molly jabali; February 15, 2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not sure what to think of the "Net"...…...but I liked the movie a lot more......and the movie sucked.
              I don't understand why the Athletic departments let the NCAA get away with no transparency? They should list along with the rankings the NET raw score, and each component scores.

They tried the no transparency thing with RPI. It wasn't until those in the Texas Athletic department teamed up with Boyd Nation did they break the RPI code and all the special modifiers in the 90's for baseball.

My guess is this is what is hurting WSU NET

1. Net Efficiency rating is hurt by just barely beating inferior competition. GGG understand what drove KenPom rating that why he would only take his foot off the gas late. Beating opponents convincingly boosted the KenPom. Winning by 10 is what required to boost your NET rating. Less than 10 is hurting yourself unless it is against an equal or superior opponent.

2. Home losses - you get penalized for home losses.

3. Lack of games - Win % matters and need some more road wins to make up for the home losses (and maybe improve their NET efficiency).

4. Need more Quad 1 and 2 games. WSU has lost too many games in Q1 and Q2 that I think would have boosted their NET.

Comment

• Bottom line, we have to beat Houston. If we can’t beat them, we can whine all we want, but we will not have any marquee wins.

Comment

• If there was ever a year to expand the tournament, this might be the year. Expand to 136 since all games are being played in Indianapolis area. It would add excitement and likely profits to the NCAA coffers and could be accomplished. Give more of the 'little guys' a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to participate. I know, I know, number 137 would say they got screwed. Well, I guess they could also allow all 351 teams to participate... unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. I'm sure some teams would choose to opt out in a pandemic year, but give them the option. The top 64 (68) teams or more could receive a first round bye. I'm not smart enough to figure out a bracket, but it could be done. It would be total madness!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I don't think we will beat Houston cause they will come to play and they are much better than we are. I still think
                    we get in if we run the table with the other remaining games finishing second. Six regular season losses might
                    even get us in if a few teams are DQ'd in early March. A win Thursday and we are probably in but I am
                    picking Houston 63-50

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      I don't think we will beat Houston cause they will come to play and they are much better than we are. I still think
                      we get in if we run the table with the other remaining games finishing second. Six regular season losses might
                      even get us in if a few teams are DQ'd in early March. A win Thursday and we are probably in but I am
                      picking Houston 63-50
                      i would agree that we still have a slim chance, but we would be sweating it out. If we beat Houston, we can probably afford one more loss and SMU x 2 might be more difficult than beating Houston.

Comment

• Hey, we received 1 vote in this week's AP Top 25! Baby steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Hey, we received 1 vote in this week's AP Top 25! Baby steps.
                          From Dick Vitale of all people!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

WSU = Diaper Dandies?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

WSU = Diaper Dandies?
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They should have revoked his AP vote 30 years ago.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X