No announcement yet.

2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU needs to focus on Temple. I fear a letdown after winning the conference title. We can't take
    ANYBODY for granted !

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Why try to eliminate teams from the MWC instead of other conferences who routinely get 70% of their teams selected?
      They 4 teams in from the 12th NET ranked conference in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Nah, I want to see the Zags get a championship. I’d rather be matched up with one of the Big10 teams. I have a suspicion they are overrated.
        Maryland? We can see if MT has learned how to recruit to this level yet.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          WSU needs to focus on Temple. I fear a letdown after winning the conference title. We can't take
          ANYBODY for granted !
          You just took USF for granted by assuming we’re playing Temple.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• yes, I did, cause I am 90% sure it will be the Owls and we barely beat them here

Comment

yes, I did, cause I am 90% sure it will be the Owls and we barely beat them here
              90% sure? lol. There you go again. It’s an 8-9 game. It could go either way. And if you wouldn’t have gone out of your way to make the “not take anything for granted” point and then do the exact opposite of your own advice, I wouldn’t have even brought it up.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• far larger disparity in games I believe but then that is just my opinion. I think it is much more likely that Temple beats
                USF than us beating Temple but that is why they play the games

Comment

• Temple has beaten USF and USF has beaten Temple.

So 90% seems a little high.

I will give Temple a little bit of a bump because of USF injuries..

But it is still basically a toss up.....
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Temple will be coming off a long layoff. Haven’t played since February 21st.

Comment

WSU needs to focus on Temple/UCF. I fear a letdown after winning the conference title. We can't take
                      ANYBODY for granted !
                      FIFY & Hundo P and for more reasons than you realize.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

FIFY & Hundo P and for more reasons than you realize.
                        Huh?

Comment

• Wasn't much of a letdown after beating Houston. There was a 2-week layoff and then just an 8-point win over Tulane in NO. A layoff and a letdown may have lost that road game.

I don't think this team is as likely to have a letdown after a huge win as some others we've seen over the years. This team seems to have the chemistry and attitude we last saw with Cotton, Baker, and VanVleet. Not at that level for Play Angry or for talent, but they seem to be "together" at that level, and we haven't seen that since Baker and FVV left.

Memphis is a completely different team than they were in December.

Monzy has learned a little about controlling his chaos, Council went through a bit of a slump, but seems to be coming out of it. Udeze is a completely different player than he was in December. Dex is hitting shots. Gilbert is steadily dishing and probing defenses. Shox are a different team than they were in December, and a depleted corps then was competitive with ranked teams.

Houston is about the same team they were in December. This conference tourney is up for grabs.

I may be in the wrong thread.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Huh?
                            This team should take no opponent for granted (and I'm NOT insinuating they are. My comment is more directed at fans) but in 2021 you never know what potholes may crop up.

Comment

• Bracket Matrix updated. No big changes but more brackets updated. Shox come in at the last 11 seed and are in 123/133 brackets (~92%). Ole Miss according to BM is the 2nd team out. A nice SEC run could get them in and give us another win over a tourney team. Also interesting, the 1st team out Syracuse, is only in 28% of the brackets. Bubble is weak
                              Last edited by SkoShox; March 9, 2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• For those interested, here is a great article by Seth Burn from two years ago that goes into detail about Pythag (which is similar to KenPom or Torvik), Wins Above Bubble, as well as a metric which he calls Parcells (you are what your record says you are). I would say I pretty much agree with the entire article in terms of the rationale for tournament selection. At the time, UNC Greensboro was the team left out of the tournament who should have been included.

I should also note that his methodology for tournament seeding within this Google Doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1065214244) has us as a 6 seed if you look at the Seed List tab.

https://sethburn.wordpress.com/2019/...ournament/amp/

How good you are? That’s your Pythag rating.

How good is your resume? That’s Parcells.

How many wins do you have relative to an average bubble team? That’s your WAB.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X