2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

WTH? You would rather lose to the Zags so they can win a championship? Come on, Pie!

Then let's kick Michigan's butt! Then the Zags on the finals.

You got me there. If we face Gonzaga AFTER the first weekend then yep, I would love to be the team to knock them out!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

But wouldn't it be a kick to knock Gonzaga out of the tournament again?
      Gonzaga is a team of extremely talented and (more importantly) skilled basketball players. I wouldn't want to play them in the post season.

Comment

• Anyone but Baylor or Zaga.

Those two teams are different.
        The Assman

Comment

• Not exactly sure how to understand this but I am thinking it means would be somewhere around the Last 4 in even without AQ.

Comment

• All Caps mean AQ - we're a placeholder in his bracket

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              All Caps mean AQ - we're a placeholder in his bracket
              This isnt n a bracket, this is a ranked seed list

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                All Caps mean AQ - we're a placeholder in his bracket
                Yes, I know that. But all of the other AQ are listed after the Last 4 in. To me, this means we would be in the field without the AQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

Not exactly sure how to understand this but I am thinking it means would be somewhere around the Last 4 in even without AQ.
                  Memphis would chew up and "spit" some of these teams out the opposite end 24-7. And yes, that goes for some of the teams highlighted in green.

Comment

• American Athletic Conference

AAC Tournament schedule

Houston is the only sure thing, although regular-season champ Wichita State is looking better lately. For a team to get an at-large berth, they will likely have to go through the Cougars.
                    Bubble teams

Wichita State – The Shockers ended up winning the regular season title and beat Houston along the way. They also did not play SMU at all due to COVID problems with the Mustangs and only played Memphis once, which was a 20-point defeat. They should be ok as long as they lose to Houston. Any other loss makes things nervy.

Memphis – The Tigers came agonizingly close to getting the big win over Houston that they needed to cap its tournament resume. The big win over Wichita State is nice, but it is hard to see Memphis as an at-large team without beating the Cougars. They have two losses to Tulsa holding them back as well.

SMU – We don't know much about the 11-4 Mustangs, who have been sidelined with COVID issues since Feb. 8. They were swept by Houston and split with Memphis in the regular season. They also lost at home to Cincinnati, which is the only result that really stands out. They are not bracketed so that they can play Houston before the conference final, so if they get that far, we will have to see if beating Wichita State is enough help.

Potential bid stealer

SMU – While I have the Mustangs as a bubble team, it may be that they have to win the conference tournament to get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

Not exactly sure how to understand this but I am thinking it means would be somewhere around the Last 4 in even without AQ.
                      One more thing...once you get beyond the 2 line in those seeds, there isn't a team on that list that isn't capable of losing to some lower seed, even the 3 and 4 seeds are just kind of "okay." Usually a 3 or 4 seed shows up and if they play their game, they're usually going to win by 4-10 points. Depending on matchups, there is a lot of potential for upsets in those seeds, and some of them are just complete head scratchers, though their seeding could be a result of the inconsistency of play this year in the NCAA.

Edit: added: I still think Syracuse and Seton Hall get in over somebody.

Comment

• How is smu bubble team lmaooooo
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• So if WSU loses to SMU, they go from a 9 seed to out?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            So if WSU loses to SMU, they go from a 9 seed to out?
                            And 4 MWC teams are in. I have idea. Let's have WSU, Memphis, and SMU play Boise St, CO St, and Utah St special play-in round. That way we get 4 teams in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

And 4 MWC teams are in. I have idea. Let's have WSU, Memphis, and SMU play Boise St, CO St, and Utah St special play-in round. That way we get 4 teams in.
                              Why try to eliminate teams from the MWC instead of other conferences who routinely get 70% of their teams selected?

Comment

• This is a year KU definitely does not want a 1st round matchup with a school that starts with a "B".
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X