2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Lunardi has WSU as 11 seed and automatic qualifier (that is up from 12th he had WSU earlier this week) but I think shows how the weakness of WSU position. I see 3 scenarios:

1. WSU playing Houston in final of AAC - WSU gets at-large bid to tournament
    2. WSU playing Memphis in final of AAC - Winner goes to tournament, loser stays home
    3. WSU does not get to finals of AAC tournament - WSU stays home.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Lunardi has WSU as 11 seed and automatic qualifier (that is up from 12th he had WSU earlier this week) but I think shows how the weakness of WSU position. I see 3 scenarios:

2. WSU playing Memphis in final of AAC - Winner goes to tournament, loser stays home
      If this is true, we are currently on the wrong side of the bubble. I think we can win one and we’re sweating but in. Two wins we’re in regardless of who makes the championship game. Guess we’ll see

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU is currently the 5th to last team in according to BracketMatrix. That means all four of the teams below them have to have comparably better weeks and they would have to be passed by a team outside the bubble. Have you seen the teams outside the bubble? Syracuse, Ole Miss, St Louis, Utah State. Not good resumes, not even comparable to WSU at this point.

I know I'm in the minority here, but even if WSU loses on Friday I think they still have a fighter's chance to get in. If they make it to Sunday and lose, we have to be feeling REALLY good (no matter who we lose to). Just my 2 cents.

I think Drake is a solid team, but their resume is trash. I wouldn't be surprised if the committee "snubbed" them like they tend to do with mid-majors and gaudy records. Can't forget limited non-conference will likely hurt those teams even more this season.

Comment

• Are the AQ's the regular season winners or the league tourney champ if already played?

Why couldn't he put us as a 12 seed as the AQ at this point?

Surely he doesn't think that WSU has to run the table to be an 11 seed? If they do that, I'd think they would be higher than an 11, possibly a 9.

Your comments, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Are the AQ's the regular season winners or the league tourney champ if already played?

Why couldn't he put us as a 12 seed as the AQ at this point?

Surely he doesn't think that WSU has to run the table to be an 11 seed? If they do that, I'd think they would be higher than an 11, possibly a 9.

Your comments, please?
            Because on the S-Curve, we fall as an 11 seed. If you remove the AQ, we would still be in the same spot.

Comment

• FWIW, Norlander think WSU is a lock for at-large.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

WSU is currently the 5th to last team in according to BracketMatrix. That means all four of the teams below them have to have comparably better weeks and they would have to be passed by a team outside the bubble. Have you seen the teams outside the bubble? Syracuse, Ole Miss, St Louis, Utah State. Not good resumes, not even comparable to WSU at this point.

I know I'm in the minority here, but even if WSU loses on Friday I think they still have a fighter's chance to get in. If they make it to Sunday and lose, we have to be feeling REALLY good (no matter who we lose to). Just my 2 cents.

I think Drake is a solid team, but their resume is trash. I wouldn't be surprised if the committee "snubbed" them like they tend to do with mid-majors and gaudy records. Can't forget limited non-conference will likely hurt those teams even more this season.
                yeah, but don’t forget about bid stealing conference tournament winners. Seems like there’s always a couple of those per year. From conferences that have maybe only one at-large candidate who ends up losing their conference tournament

Comment

Shocks still holding the 2 spot on the 9th seed line.

But can still drop out based on 1 game.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But can still drop out based on 1 game.
                    We need to win the next 2 in order to relax a bit. Short of that, it's a quessing game.

Comment

We need to win the next 2 in order to relax a bit. Short of that, it's a quessing game.
                      I guess I’m just confused by people saying you’re supposed to be evaluated on an entire resume but then if you lose 1 game in the conference tournament, you can go from a 9 seed to out. Am I missing something?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I guess I’m just confused by people saying you’re supposed to be evaluated on an entire resume but then if you lose 1 game in the conference tournament, you can go from a 9 seed to out. Am I missing something?
                        I don't think you can go from 9 to out. Just don't think a 9 is where the committee has us currently.

Comment

I don't think you can go from 9 to out. Just don't think a 9 is where the committee has us currently.
                          I’m going by what Jerry Palm is touting.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Georgetown doing their part. Marquette down 32-14 at half.

Comment

I’m going by what Jerry Palm is touting.
                              Well there’s your problem.

Comment

• Butler making a run on Xavier. Down 2 with 1:04 left.

and to overtime they go.
                                Last edited by wichshock65; March 10, 2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X