2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

BTW Stick, Lunardis response to you was crap.
    Right. Yea, his reponse wasn't even close to be considered an answer to my question. I'm genuinely curious of the justification.. because he's far from the only one that thinks Dukes resume means they should be in. I just look at it and think if that was the resume for North Carolina Central ... They wouldnt even be under consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

Listing WSU as a surprise isn't unreasonable given the turmoil; new coach, lots of new players etc.
      The level of play and success is a surprise to most fans that are connected to the program, let alone to people that just check in from time to time.

Comment

BTW Stick, Lunardis response to you was crap.
        I honestly think he was right though.

If Selection Sunday was today, who do you think the committee would choose between WSU and Duke? You know who they’d pick. And no that doesn’t mean they’re right either but that’s DEFINITELY what they’d do.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I honestly think he was right though.

If Selection Sunday was today, who do you think the committee would choose between WSU and Duke? You know who they’d pick. And no that doesn’t mean they’re right either but that’s DEFINITELY what they’d do.
          Exactly, Fev.

Stickboy46 got his answer, but didn't take it to the next level. Aside from what the "committee" would do (for NCAA money), is Duke more deserving, by the numbers, than WSU to be in, why or why not.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Exactly, Fev.

Stickboy46 got his answer, but didn't take it to the next level. Aside from what the "committee" would do (for NCAA money), is Duke more deserving, by the numbers, than WSU to be in, why or why not.
            I actually followed up with that question more specifically. Also the original question was in response to Lunardi agreeing with a point that was basically "Eye test doesn't matter, only results matter". So his reponse made even less sense in context to that.

Comment

Shockers in at a 10.

Comment

Shockers in at a 10.

Hell has frozen over ... i agree with Palm the most. Doesn't have Duke in ... and calls them out for basically doing nothing of note so far this year.

Comment

Shockers in at a 10.

I found it interesting that his 2nd round match up could be WSU/GCU....AM going against MU and IPC

Comment

Bracket Matrix has us as a First Four Out team. Torvik has us as a 12 seed. Some guy has us as a 7 seed. Duke should not be in the field.

I think we're pretty squarely on the bubble as it stands. Our WAB at Torvik is 51 which would put us in the First Four most likely.

Two things: the loss against OSU really hurts us. And thank God we are not in the Valley.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      Two things: the loss against OSU really hurts us.
                      That was like days after having several players not being able to practice for weeks wasn't it? I think Porter just became available that game or something, for example?

I know that's not going to matter to the committee, but you bet your sweet ass we will hear "but covid" when they start making the case for Duke and [enter brand name here]. Covid will be an excuse for those guys, but not anybody else.

Sorry, just a little jaded.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That was like days after having several players not being able to practice for weeks wasn't it? I think Porter just became available that game or something, for example?

I know that's not going to matter to the committee, but you bet your sweet ass we will hear "but covid" when they start making the case for Duke and [enter brand name here]. Covid will be an excuse for those guys, but not anybody else.

Sorry, just a little jaded.
                        Oh, you're exactly right. If it comes down to us and Duke, that will be the excuse and they will pick the Rat and the Dookies.

It shouldn't be. We have more WAB than they do at this point. Granted, I'm perfectly fine with the committee solely looking at WAB and not taking into account injuries and absences, but I think you're right.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

WSU without playing now starting to inch their way upwards in Lunardi's bracket.

Comment

We get more respect when we don’t play than when we do.

How the **** is Maryland ahead of us? And UNC is in? LMFAO, ok.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What happens if a team is in the last four in but then they have to pause their season due to CoVid right before the conference tournament? Penalized because of the virus or not?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                What happens if a team is in the last four in but then they have to pause their season due to CoVid right before the conference tournament? Penalized because of the virus or not?
                                Duke/UNC/UK takes their place.

Comment

Working...
                                X