No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When (IMO a matter of time) the P5 decides to become the P4 (16 members per conference), more than just the P5 conferences will be impacted. If WSU has joined the AAC, the subsequent shakeout from the implosion would be entertaining. Consider:

ACC - loses UVA and UNC to B1G; adds West Virginia, USF and Cincinnati
    B1G - poaches UVA and UNC from the ACC
    PAC - adds New Mexico, Texas, Texas Tech and Colorado State
    SEC - adds Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

American is down two schools (Cincinnati and USF) and the Mountain West is down two schools (Colorado State and UNM). Possible conference additions from the former Big 12 are Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas and Kansas State. The AAC expands to 16 teams resulting in a 16 member Conference -

AAC expanded to 16 schools:
    Baylor
    Dayton
    ECU
    Houston
    Kansas
    Kansas State
    Memphis
    SMU
    TCU
    Temple
    Tulane
    Tulsa
    UCF
    UCONN
    VCU
    Wichita State

Comment

• I hope Baylor doesn't survive their current mess or taint any future conference that WSU might be a part of.
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        Any move to the AAC would likely be for 18-19 so we would still be in the MVC for any games in Wichita.
        Agreed. I was just making the point to anyone wishing for a quick invite that this could be a speed bump in addition to the AAC's TV contract negotiations.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article135963693.html

Paul saw it worthwile enough to write an article about this.

Sorry, I'm not sure how to hyperlink on my phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post
            http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article135963693.html

Clickable Link: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...135963693.html

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post
              http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article135963693.html

Sorry, I'm not sure how to hyperlink on my phone.
              Dress rehearsal is this weekend. And month.

Comment

• I really don't understand some people's stance that joining the AAC is risky because of other members possibly leaving. If SMU, Memphis, Uconn, Cincinnati, and Houston all left, that would still leave WSU in a conference with Tulsa, UCF, Temple, USF, ECU, and Tulane. Add 3 schools of your choosing who would love to join that conference (UNI, ISU, Valparaiso, La tech, UAB. etc) to round out to 10 members and WSU still would be in a better conference than it is in now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  When (IMO a matter of time) the P5 decides to become the P4 (16 members per conference), more than just the P5 conferences will be impacted. If WSU has joined the AAC, the subsequent shakeout from the implosion would be entertaining. Consider:

ACC - loses UVA and UNC to B1G; adds West Virginia, USF and Cincinnati
                  B1G - poaches UVA and UNC from the ACC
                  PAC - adds New Mexico, Texas, Texas Tech and Colorado State
                  SEC - adds Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

American is down two schools (Cincinnati and USF) and the Mountain West is down two schools (Colorado State and UNM). Possible conference additions from the former Big 12 are Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas and Kansas State. The AAC expands to 16 teams resulting in a 16 member Conference -

AAC expanded to 16 schools:
                  Baylor
                  Dayton
                  ECU
                  Houston
                  Kansas
                  Kansas State
                  Memphis
                  SMU
                  TCU
                  Temple
                  Tulane
                  Tulsa
                  UCF
                  UCONN
                  VCU
                  Wichita State
                  Kansas seems like they will likely be one of the few Big 12 teams to get off the sinking ship. Their academic status makes them acceptable to the B1G. Texas and the Oklahoma schools will likely find homes as well.

I think Iowa State is likely to be set adrift though, and would likely join the AAC. And even though Baylor is superior as a sport's school, I'd rather have UNI join the AAC with us than be in a conference with Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    Kansas seems like they will likely be one of the few Big 12 teams to get off the sinking ship. Their academic status makes them acceptable to the B1G.
                    Even if they had to give back one of their medical schools?

/Still bitter

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Boatright isn't commenting, but this was in the article

Any move made by WSU, athletic director Darron Boatright has said, would include all sports.
                      I believe I was reading too much into that. At the least it resolves one issue that has been up for discussion here and on the AAC board. At the most, it could indicate that issue has been worked out with the AAC.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Post: #8RE: Wichita State , Dayton , VCU being discussed for bball?
                        I would support taking all 3. With that said...

As a former UCONN admin, I have a OTR buddy inside President Herbst's office. Change is being pushed...and likely coming.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
                        That was my favorite post too! Get 'er done!
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• I don't think that would be any type of hold up. If memory serves me right, the MVC/Creighton was host a couple years ago at Omaha and Creighton had left that year. Think they just dropped Creighton as host and it mentioned MVC as host.

Comment

• What benefit is there to being the host? It's not like it's publicized during the broadcasts. Who cares, let the Valley host it, WSU has more important things to do in March.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
                              What benefit is there to being the host? It's not like it's publicized during the broadcasts. Who cares, let the Valley host it, WSU has more important things to do in March.
                              If you're not trying to play in front of your fans (or in the tournament at all), Money and Eyeballs
                              The Assman

Comment

• Dayton

It is no secret that Dayton has coveted being a member of the new Big East ever since it was formed in 2013. Some might favor St. Louis because of its proximity to Wichita and others
                                because they see Dayton as a team just biding its time until it gets into the league it really wants.

Comment

Working...
                                X