No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's the new Arch Madness location, why does it have so many seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
      If it's the new Arch Madness location, why does it have so many seats?
      Student Media

Comment

• Interesting to note that in the scenario where only WSU is added and placed in the West, that there would be 4 former MVC schools and 5 former MVC schools if the ACC adds three schools

Sorry about the format - I had the East and West Schools aligned, but it did not end up that way

With only WSU added:

West East
        Houston Cincinnati
        Memphis ECU
        SMU Temple
        Tulane UCF
        Tulsa UConn
        WSU USF

With All Three Schools added

West East
        Cincinnati Dayton
        Houston ECU
        Memphis Temple
        SMU UCF
        Tulane UConn
        Tulsa USF
        WSU VCU

Comment

• It makes too much sense...so I'm sure it doesn't happens! Praying it does though. Just imagine the recruiting foot print, really hasn't been much of a problem for HCGM to get kids from outside the MW, but every other sport would benefit I believe. What a great change it would be to be welcomed for having a great athletic program opposed to being shamed for it!
          If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• A Sweet Sixteen run this year could alter the fate and face of the university forever. It would create a lot of more buzz to add a sweet 16 team than NIT team and may help bring some AAC fence sitter Preseidents to our side. PS: Root like hell for Dayton and VCU to do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
              It makes too much sense...so I'm sure it doesn't happens! Praying it does though. Just imagine the recruiting foot print, really hasn't been much of a problem for HCGM to get kids from outside the MW, but every other sport would benefit I believe. What a great change it would be to be welcomed for having a great athletic program opposed to being shamed for it!
              It's almost too good to be true isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                Interesting to note that in the scenario where only WSU is added and placed in the West, that there would be 4 former MVC schools and 5 former MVC schools if the ACC adds three schools

Sorry about the format - I had the East and West Schools aligned, but it did not end up that way

With only WSU added:

West East
                Houston Cincinnati
                Memphis ECU
                SMU Temple
                Tulane UCF
                Tulsa UConn
                WSU USF

With All Three Schools added

West East
                Cincinnati Dayton
                Houston ECU
                Memphis Temple
                SMU UCF
                Tulane UConn
                Tulsa USF
                WSU VCU
                That's literally the scenario I proposed a couple pages back..

Great minds think alike, I suppose! :)
                The Assman

Comment

• Congrats! Run from the MVC as fast as you can and you'll never regret it!

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
                    Congrats! Run from the MVC as fast as you can and you'll never regret it!

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...ic-conference/
                    CBS sports now on it? Seems to be gaining traction rather than fizzling. I'm thinking this sounds like the kind of buildup you would expect if an announcment were about to be made in the coming months.

Comment

• Oh, to win on Sunday, then do this...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                        Oh, to win on Sunday, then do this...

If we win arch madness, mic drop on the MVC with confirmation of a move, and then go win some games in the Dance, it will be yet another moment that we will have one-upped CU...

They got to experience winning the conference and leaving, so we can match that and maybe up the ante with a run in the dance. Would be glorious if we beat them out this year :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          I'm thinking in a large act of foresight and solidarity with the AAC, I should go open an account on their message board and begin posting as if I belong there. You have the be the change you want to see in the world, you know...
                          If I want to self-identify as a member of the AAC it would be intolerant for someone to deny my this right.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• The new report says discussions at the AD level and not the presidents level and nothing about VCU & Dayton. Quite a few conflicting stories swirling about.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                              The new report says discussions at the AD level and not the presidents level and nothing about VCU & Dayton. Quite a few conflicting stories swirling about.
                              Different sources leaking what they know. To me, this screams of the fact that everyone is talking about WSU under the table, and some are talking about Dayton and VCU.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Did anybody else hear Kennedy say it is not "if, but when..."?

Comment

Working...
                                X