No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for that as that interesting nugget of changing the university name to U of W, as an alumnus, I would actually support that.

The "Wichita State" name has built up some cache, sure, but I think University of Wichita sounds a little more eloquent/professional.

Maybe they will even look to add a law school or taking their medical school back from KU!
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      So if we make it into the AAC, will we be dropping State and becoming the University of Wichita? Or is Wichita State University too much of a brand name?
      No, the 'State' must stay. Otherwise Missouri State fans couldn't wear their T shirts any more.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        So if we make it into the AAC, will we be dropping State and becoming the University of Wichita? Or is Wichita State University too much of a brand name?
        I'm sure Tad's and Sports Time would very much appreciate dropping the "State".
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          No, the 'State' must stay. Otherwise Missouri State fans couldn't wear their T shirts any more.
          They couldn't wear them anyway, cuz we not playin' no more. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            As for that as that interesting nugget of changing the university name to U of W, as an alumnus, I would actually support that.

The "Wichita State" name has built up some cache, sure, but I think University of Wichita sounds a little more eloquent/professional.

Maybe they will even look to add a law school or taking their medical school back from KU!
            Could I get a new diploma- Un of Wichita instead of Wichita State. (My 1st diploma says Fairmount College of Liberal Arts)

Comment

• "State" was added when the University of Wichita joined the Kansas Board of Regents, so I would guess the reverse would have to happen to rid ourselves of the "state", so in reality never.

I prefer University of Wichita though, personally.

Comment

• I could really use a "Joing the AAC" announcement right now.

Would make today's blowout worth it.
                The Assman

Comment

• Not really.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Not really.
                    Yes, we know you're holding out for the Big East.

If we're in the AAC, a loss like tonight isn't a death knell to our at-large chances.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      If we're in the AAC, a loss like tonight isn't a death knell to our at-large chances.
                      Right??? (agreed).
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Whoever thinks the AAC is similar to the MVC is a blubbering idiot. Sorry to be blunt.

Comment

• the only issue with the AAC right now I see is... we would be taking more of these type beatings.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            the only issue with the AAC right now I see is... we would be taking more of these type beatings.
                            Hopefully, by the time we got into the AAC, we would be getting better recruits and administering these type of beatings.

Comment

the only issue with the AAC right now I see is... we would be taking more of these type beatings.
                              Potentially, we could be taking more of these type beatings. Yes, there are a number of quality schools in the AAC and we would be one of many. Any given year, there will be schools with teams that will be top notch and overall conference play much tougher. Playing many conferences games of this quality could led to "blowouts" that we have not been use to in recent years in the Valley.

However, being in the AAC will most likely open up, or widen, new doors of recruiting and exposure. I would expect higher recruits to look as us much more seriously and a bigger pot of talent (with the character that Marshall wants) to add to what Coach already does and has done. Even in their down years, playing teams like Memphis, UConn, and Temple will be more important to possible recruits than playing UNI or IL St at their best.

Edit: I see great minds think alike, @1979Shocker:, I'm just more wordy and slow.

Comment

If our Shocks are consistently losing in this manner then HCGM will not be at helm. He will have departed either of his own choosing or that of the powers that be. I don't think we will have many of these drubbings so no worries.

Go Shocks!
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X