American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing really new.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• WTH? I went to take a leak and come back and the interview is over.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• You didn't miss much other than Bob bumbling Rothstein's website a couple of times.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I, like most, take the occasional jab at our MVC compatriots. The truth is that I bear them no real malice and wish for their success. However, it appears that they, for whatever reason, see a lower ceiling for themselves than what WSU envisions and desires. Be it financial concerns, mission statement or whatever, I see no one else pushing the envelope like we are. So, if the AAC asks, we should go and look back only to remember where we came from. And, if we should leave, I will still wish for MVC success, especially against the B12-2.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            I, like most, take the occasional jab at our MVC compatriots. The truth is that I bear them no real malice and wish for their success. However, it appears that they, for whatever reason, see a lower ceiling for themselves than what WSU envisions and desires. Be it financial concerns, mission statement or whatever, I see no one else pushing the envelope like we are. So, if the AAC asks, we should go and look back only to remember where we came from. And, if we should leave, I will still wish for MVC success, especially against the B12-2.
            But..... If the Shockers leave, Will you give Missouri State a home and home?
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              Can you imagine? It would be their superbowl of all superbowls. I'd way rather face a Duke or Kentucky than a MoState in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                No, since I lack the confidence that the Missouri State of the future will match the WSU of the present. If they were to reach where we are today I would change my answer to yes.

Comment

• The hypocrisy of many P5 schools is that they refuse to fairly schedule non-P5 programs that have clearly surpassed them in achievement. I doubt that an AAC Gregg Marshall is going to entertain home and homes with any and every D1 program. I would submit that he would consider home and home with any team of similar achievement regardless of conference affiliation.

Comment

• I would do H/H with Misery State if they got their act together. Easy travel. Reasonable facsimile of a city for the traveling fan to enjoy a trip. Even though a good game, nobody wants to go to Frostbite Falls for a road trip.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Interesting reactions about this from our valley brethren. I wonder if the mvc conference leaders are sleeping well tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        There are only two rational explanations for this article:

1. Someone has to be a contrarian. Conflict sells.
                        2. There is a new competitor to Doug Gottlieb for "least understanding of college basketball by a 'college basketball expert'".
                        I am a WSU fan and I am also sure there is no easier way to stay nationally relevant than to dominate a week league. With that stated - I would appreciate my season ticket package a whole lot more in the AMERICAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          Interesting reactions about this from our valley brethren. I wonder if the mvc conference leaders are sleeping well tonight
                          It has to be scary for those in power because WSU leaving would be a huge blow. No doubt.

It seems like most MSU fans are increasingly calling our administration to step up and try to get us to the Sun Belt. Realistically though, I think that in five years Wichita State and Missouri State are both still members of the Missouri Valley Conference. I'd love to be wrong but I question our commitment to football and I question the value of WSU to the AAC without football. Going to have to keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            He's a weird one. Wonder why he cares so much for Wichita St.??? He must've dated a Shocker hottie in the day and got dumped. Or got punched in the face.
                            I'd guess the later by the look of his face...

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                              It has to be scary for those in power because WSU leaving would be a huge blow. No doubt.

I'd love to be wrong but I question the value of WSU to the AAC without football. Going to have to keep our fingers crossed.
                              I'd have to think if ESPN has a say in the matter (?) that they've had nothing but good experiences in the round-house over the last 3-5 years. Maybe they'd like to see Memphis or UConn come to town. Just sayin'...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                It would appear that the TV contracts aren't going to get better for the P5 (or P4) adding AAC teams for football. Rather than poaching AAC teams in 2020, when their GoR expires, the P4 could just wait until 2024 when the B12's GoR expires and poach schools with more value than schools in the AAC. That could leave the AAC in a position to pick up schools like Oklahoma State, K-State, and Iowa State, who might get left out of a P4 power grab.
                                You have captured my thinking on what the future holds for the P5 conferences - Texas and OU are going to be poached leaving the remainder schools scrambling for a possible P4 conference membership or joining a football focused conference like the AAC. IMO Iowa State has a better chance of B1G membership than KU while the football prowess geographical location of Baylor, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and TCU would be appealing to the AAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X