American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
    The information I have says the opposite. Other Big East schools want another destination close to Omaha that they can hit up on a road trip. I have also heard that we would have Creighton's vote to join the league.
    Everyone keeps saying you can't be right. I hope you are. Maybe it's crazy but man would it be awesome.

Comment

The information I have says the opposite. Other Big East schools want another destination close to Omaha that they can hit up on a road trip. I have also heard that we would have Creighton's vote to join the league.
      Where are you getting this information again? Did you say your grandmother's bridge group?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Where are you getting this information again? Did you say your grandmother's bridge group?
        What's the point of your post?
        Last edited by DPruett2333; February 27, 2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Well ... I saw all the nuns who actually run the Big East get drunk. And they were all "Dang ... Shaq is hot!" ... So I figure that's who really wants WSU. Wink wink nudge nudge.

And that trumps bridge any day.

Comment

If Big East schools want a destination close to Omaha, St. Louis isn't that far away -- not that much more than Wichita, in terms of air miles -- and it matches the profile of the league. They're a far more likely choice than one solitary public school.

Comment

• The A10 looks like a conference that may or may not be what the MVC was about 5 to 10 years ago. If we're switching, I'd like to go to a conference I could be sure will have lasting success, and not one that's just hot right now.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• OK. I'm a Big East skeptic and not even sure I would want to be a part of the Big East. However, they are a Basketball Conference.

Last night I talked to a displaced CU fan (yes, just a fan) who has never said anything regarding WSU being in the Big East except it would be nice for the old rivalry. However, he was different last night. He was convinced that the Big East was making a big play for VCU and that trying to get WSU would be a big part of that. At the same time, they are looking/hoping for Dayton and St Louis to build a western division (along with WSU). This didn't appear to be a wish or singular opinion on his part, but info he seeing and hearing from many others.

I'm not saying it is or isn't in the works, but it does appear there are stronger rumbling/indications than I've seen before.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  The A10 looks like a conference that may or may not be what the MVC was about 5 to 10 years ago. If we're switching, I'd like to go to a conference I could be sure will have lasting success, and not one that's just hot right now.
                  Add to this, if the Big East makes a play for Dayton and succeeds, that would hurt them. Making a play for VCU and succeeding would devastate them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    OK. I'm a Big East skeptic and not even sure I would want to be a part of the Big East. However, they are a Basketball Conference.

Last night I talked to a displaced CU fan (yes, just a fan) who has never said anything regarding WSU being in the Big East except it would be nice for the old rivalry. However, he was different last night. He was convinced that the Big East was making a big play for VCU and that trying to get WSU would be a big part of that. At the same time, they are looking/hoping for Dayton and St Louis to build a western division (along with WSU). This didn't appear to be a wish or singular opinion on his part, but info he seeing and hearing from many others.

I'm not saying it is or isn't in the works, but it does appear there are stronger rumbling/indications than I've seen before.
                    So is it WSU/VCU or/and Dayton/SLU? Basically are they looking to add one group or the other and go to 12 teams or add both groups and go to 14?

Though 14 teams is a lot, that would be on hell of a conference. Sign me up.

(EDIT: Mobile autocorrect..)
                    Last edited by Shock Top; February 28, 2016, 03:01 PM.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      So is it WSU/VCU or/and Dayton/SLU? Basically are they looking to add on group or the other and go to 12 teams or ad both groups and go to 14?

Though 14 teams is a lot, that would be on hell of a conference. Sign me up.
                      What I felt I was: preference is WSU/VCU over Dayton/St. L, but all 4 is the goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        What I felt I was: preference is WSU/VCU over Dayton/St. L, but all 4 is the goal.
                        ST, any links where this is being discussed that you are aware of? Sounds too good to be true...

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                          ST, any links where this is being discussed that you are aware of? Sounds too good to be true...
                          Not that I know of. Maybe some Big East boards. Please remember how I came about this.

Comment

• Asked Vegas about placing a bet on WSU going to the BE. They declined due to the amount of time it would take to count the decimal places on the odds.

Comment

• The big east would be so great if something like that happened. We have no rivalries in the MVC and it's such a frustrating competitive level.

In this idealistic version of the big east we would immediately have great rivalries with creighton and vcu again. We would have such great travel destinations too. I have to say, if the big east added these 4 teams it would make complete sense because the conference would become a super power in basketball. It's already very solid. What a tough, competitive environment. The days of only being allowed one or two conference losses would be over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                The big east would be so great if something like that happened. We have no rivalries in the MVC and it's such a frustrating competitive level.

In this idealistic version of the big east we would immediately have great rivalries with creighton and vcu again. We would have such great travel destinations too. I have to say, if the big east added these 4 teams it would make complete sense because the conference would become a super power in basketball. It's already very solid. What a tough, competitive environment. The days of only being allowed one or two conference losses would be over.
                                But....... They wouldn't be on ESPN.....
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X