American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    The most likely scenario is that we're all full of **** and have no idea what may or may not happen regardless of how confident we are in our opinions.
    In my case that is not the most likely scenario. It is an indisputable fact.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 4, 2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
      So, educate me. Are these viewed superior to MVC because of more conference money? Better baseball? Or is it just better basketball with, oh yeah, football as well?
      What's behind the wet dreams for these two?
      Well, along with the BE they're all essentially the next three out from the P5. Superior institutional profiles, athletics budgets, cities, everything really.

I don't know that either get anything remotely close to P5 TV money, but they at least get something, and they have more TV exposure. They also have more national clout and respect.

Yes, better baseball, and most everything else, due to above factors. Not always, every time, but reliably so year-in and out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        Never say never. I think a P5 conference should be the LONG TERM (20+ years) goal if we are to bring back football. There's nothing wrong with the American or MWC but hell, lets think big.
        Could always go pro too.

Comment

• Being unrealistic, and yes that is one of my strong points, combine the Valley and the Amurken. Could get some football that would kick some meager and not-so-meager B12 buttola and some basketball that could play with ANYONE.
          Strength in numbers, big city TV revenue, weed out the weak sisters after a few years AND get to go to New Orleans EVERY FREAKIN YEAR !!!
          p.s. ...and we get to kick Tulsa's ass more often than not....
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

• As long as KU and KS have vetoes, we will never join the Big 12 or any other conference they may later be affiliated with.

This you can take to the bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              The most likely scenario is that we're all full of **** and have no idea what may or may not happen regardless of how confident we are in our opinions.
              Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              In my case that is not the most likely scenario. It is an indisputable fact.
              Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
              As long as KU and KS have vetoes, we will never join the Big 12 or any other conference they may later be affiliated with.

This you can take to the bank.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                You really didn't have to agree with my post so emphatically. You trying to make be cry ya big bully.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Me, too. But not until they wipe the purple tint off of it.
                  I happened to talk with Mr. Bardo a week or two ago when WSU came to my work, he showed me the photo then and told me it was supposed to be a gray, but when they got it back it appeared with a purplish tone that if they made more, they would correct that issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    The MWC and AAC are THE end game here. If we don't think we could get there, then we don't waste the money or time on football in the first place. Getting into a P5 is not going to happen.
                    Agree, I doubt we can jump straight to a power 5, BUT I wouldn't want that option off the table and I think Mr. Bardo should still shoot for the stars and if we miss, at least try and land in the MWC or AAC.

Comment

• It's all about being positioned on the right side of the split if and when certain conferences break away. The MWC and AAC have a far better chance at inclusion than the MVC does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        It's all about being positioned on the right side of the split if and when certain conferences break away. The MWC and AAC have a far better chance at inclusion than the MVC does.
                        I was told it was all about that bass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Comment

• If we are able to play in the AAC we would have to build a stadium with at least 30-40,000 seats. There are only a few in that league under 40,000.
                            Maybe we can get a stadium built with 25-30,000 with room to expand up to 50,000. That would be pretty awesome if we could sell that out!
                            The future is bright I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X