No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wish people would stop talking about the Big East as a potential for WSU. Makes our fan base look a little silly. A public university isn't going to find itself in the BE any sooner than the Smurfs might move to Whoville.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      I really wish people would stop talking about the Big East as a potential for WSU. Makes our fan base look a little silly. A public university isn't going to find itself in the BE any sooner than the Smurfs might move to Whoville.
      AAC would be the only move... Otherwise stay in the valley

Comment

I really wish people would stop talking about the Big East as a potential for WSU. Makes our fan base look a little silly. A public university isn't going to find itself in the BE any sooner than the Smurfs might move to Whoville.
        OK, valid point; just don't go west... games would be too damn late for me.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          I say...

Not THAT far east!

Comment

Mr. Koch could buy WSU and make it private -- or he could buy an entire conference for us to compete in, I guess.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Any of the 4 leagues mentioned would be a nice improvement over the Valley.

Comment

• Obviously the geography of the A10 isn't ideal, but in its current form it is a big basketball upgrade over the Valley.

The A10 is currently the #7 conference by RPI (vs. #13 for the MVC). The A10 has 4 top 50 teams, 6 top 100 teams, 9 top 150 teams, 13 top 200 teams, and 1 team outside the top 200 (at 228). The MVC has 1 top 50, 2 top 100, 5 top 150, 6 top 200, and 4 outside the top 200 include 1 outside the top 300 (and another at 297).

Obviously the long term plans of Dayton in particular are relevant, but even with a large number of potential drawbacks, it seems hard to say the A10 doesn't look more attractive than the MVC.
                Last edited by The Mad Hatter; February 23, 2016, 08:04 PM.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Exactly. There's a reason these schools are all private Catholic institutions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                    Any of the 4 leagues mentioned would be a nice improvement over the Valley.
                    Yes, the last page of this thread has been pretty funny. Everyone bitches about being in the Valley, then suddenly: 'I don't want to go west' and 'I don't really care about the A10.' I mean what are people hoping for? Even with football, lets be realistic, any power 5 would be a long shot. BE is almost a no shot imo, though I would love to be wrong. That leaves the A10, AAC, and Mountain West.

Regarding the A10, I agree a good upgrade over the Valley. A10 has been consistently successful for a while. On top of their numbers, adding Wichita State would drastically improve the profile of any league. Perhaps someone could calculate where the A10 would be with Wichita St. this year. Dayton is interesting, but less risky than UConn or Cincinatti bailing. I'm not really sure how much the BE cares to expand; 10 is basically perfect for basketball.

Personally, I've always thought we've really been missing out on a possible rivalry with VCU.

I like the MWC more than A10, but that is just personal preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      Exactly. There's a reason these schools are all private Catholic institutions.
                      Definitely all private, but Butler is the odd man out in the BE with regards to the Catholic thing; they're actually not.

Comment

Definitely all private, but Butler is the odd man out in the BE with regards to the Catholic thing; they're actually not.
                        And that's probably about as far as they'll go -- a little gesture toward ecumenism, but it would be a big, big surprise for a public institution to be included. Not in THIS Big East.

Comment

Oops; my oversight.

Comment

They are not Catholic, but not being a Catholic school isn't the deal breaker being a public school is for the Big Priest.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
                              They are not Catholic, but not being a Catholic school isn't the deal breaker being a public school is for the Big Priest.
                              I'm pretty sure the Big East would take UConn in a New York minute. The hope is that once the Big 12 makes its expansion decision, UConn realizes its football dream is really just a pipe dream and drops the program.

Once one public is added, there would be nothing stopping another.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                                I'm pretty sure the Big East would take UConn in a New York minute. The hope is that once the Big 12 makes its expansion decision, UConn realizes its football dream is really just a pipe dream and drops the program.

Once one public is added, there would be nothing stopping another.
                                Please add UCONN and WSU to the Big East. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X