American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Big East would take UConn in a New York minute. The hope is that once the Big 12 makes its expansion decision, UConn realizes its football dream is really just a pipe dream and drops the program.

Once one public is added, there would be nothing stopping another.
    Oh and congratulations on your NIT bid this year...

...Man, it feels good to harass a Creighton fan. :)

I shouldn't talk just yet, though. I'll jinx everything and you will win your conference tournament while we drop the next three games and play in the NIT. There, now it's unjinxed, right?

Comment

• Creighton and the NIT...

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• The AAC fans at Collegiate Sports Nation have threads about WSU every basketball season, so they continue to notice. Here is the most recent:

AACbbs: The #1 Board for American Athletic Conference sports on the internet.
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Creighton just lost a home game to Marquette.

Comment

• Wichita State mentioned at end.
            http://www.foxsports.com/college-bas...ildcats-022516

Comment

• If the Big East did decide to expand, who's left in the private realms that would be in keeping with their ideology?

My point being that if they wanted quality expansion (which, I'm not sure if they want to expand at all), they may have to venture outside the religious/private institutions.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                If the Big East did decide to expand, who's left in the private realms that would be in keeping with their ideology?

My point being that if they wanted quality expansion (which, I'm not sure if they want to expand at all), they may have to venture outside the religious/private institutions.
                Off the top of my head there is Dayton and St Louis. And if they want to capture the Chicago market there is Loyola.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  Off the top of my head there is Dayton and St Louis. And if they want to capture the Chicago market there is Loyola.
                  I think his key word was QUALITY. Dayton passes that test. Sometimes St. Louis does. LUC not since the 70s.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                    The AAC fans at Collegiate Sports Nation have threads about WSU every basketball season, so they continue to notice. Here is the most recent:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-769292.html
                    I read most of that thread. I have to say, that is an impressive discussion. And I completely agree, add WSU as Olympic only and see what happens with FB. I actually think the 'threat' of adding football is posturing and WSU is trying to use that as leverage to force the issue if any conference is thinking about olympic only. Any rate, Good read.
                    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                      I read most of that thread. I have to say, that is an impressive discussion. And I completely agree, add WSU as Olympic only and see what happens with FB. I actually think the 'threat' of adding football is posturing and WSU is trying to use that as leverage to force the issue if any conference is thinking about olympic only. Any rate, Good read.
                      AAC is the only option, tired of watching my beloved Shox on EspnOnline.
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

• It's just weird that two comparable regional cities (Tulsa and Omaha) have both left the Valley already but the BEST ALL-SPORTS University has not. Oh well...I think we're next!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I'm telling ya, I heard the Big East is a real possibility for the Shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                            I'm telling ya, I heard the Big East is a real possibility for the Shox.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I'd be very, very surprised if the Big East even gave us a cursory evaluation. There are two catholic programs in Dayton and St. Louis that are more in line for the Big Priest. They're geographically more friendly, Dayton and Xavier are natural rivals, have academic profiles that the Big Priest loves, and obviously bigger media markets.

You can guarantee Creighton will vote us down and I'd have a feeling we wouldn't get much love from the other snob universities too. Those guys have their noses up so high, they don't even want St. Joe's in the Big East and that is a huge Philly market.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                I'd be very, very surprised if the Big East even gave us a cursory evaluation. There are two catholic programs in Dayton and St. Louis that are more in line for the Big Priest. They're geographically more friendly, Dayton and Xavier are natural rivals, have academic profiles that the Big Priest loves, and obviously bigger media markets.

You can guarantee Creighton will vote us down and I'd have a feeling we wouldn't get much love from the other snob universities too. Those guys have their noses up so high, they don't even want St. Joe's in the Big East and that is a huge Philly market.
                                The information I have says the opposite. Other Big East schools want another destination close to Omaha that they can hit up on a road trip. I have also heard that we would have Creighton's vote to join the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X