No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this talk based on again? I don't mean this rhetorically: what is the source?
    It does seem very thin rumor to pin any hopes to so far.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      If the BE is strongly in play, why all the talk of football by the administration? Seems odd.
      What better way then to send a loud message that you are serious about looking for a better conference affiliation than to include a study of football in your athletic program review and evaluation. Had they undertaken this review and evaluation without including football it would have probably not made near the impact or statement about how serious WSU is.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 29, 2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        It was about this time a few years ago when the Creighton rumors started heating up, right?

This would be the irony of all ironies. We spend a few years bashing the "Big Least" and its podunk TV partner FS1, only to find ourselves being invited to it. It's funny only because I don't think it'll happen. But if it did, I'd like it because the BE is not the MVC.
        Again, I bash the big east for no other reason other than the fact that Creighton is in it, not because the argument has any merit. That's why I always get a kick out of people when they rush to defend stuff statistically. I'm like "yeah I know...let me have my fun." It's always great when an overly analytical person has tons of stuff basically go over their head because they are in a quest to always be right. Sometimes being right is to just have fun and be a little sarcastic.

Another thing that just came to mind for me is that if we do bolt to a new conference, everyone who is sure WSU won't be able to win the MVC once Fred, Ron and Evan leave will kinda be right. Can't win the MVC if you are playing in the big east. I still won't capitalize it until we are in it, lending it relevance :)

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
          What's this talk based on again? I don't mean this rhetorically: what is the source?
          It does seem very thin rumor to pin any hopes to so far.
          You mean you aren't pinning your hopes on Pope Francis like I am? That's just shocking! :o

Comment

• Just going to add that what I've heard, we'd have a few, especially Mr. Fever eating about a Mangino buffet portion of crow in our near future.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Just going to add that what I've heard, we'd have a few, especially Mr. Fever eating about a Mangino buffet portion of crow in our near future.
              Can you share what you have heard?

Comment

• Let's just use Fox's money to start a football program.

Comment

• Ill double down on the crow, because I'm just not seeing it. Flying monkeys and anuses, snowballs and hell, and so forth.

You're talking about a conference that already looks down at Creighton like a bastard stepchild with elephantiasis, and they at least have institutional similarities with the balance of the BE.
                  Last edited by SHOCKvalue; February 29, 2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Just going to add that what I've heard, we'd have a few, especially Mr. Fever eating about a Mangino buffet portion of crow in our near future.
                    If you take care of the menu, I'll gladly eat what's served.

As is, I think there are some chains being yanked.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You and @WuDrWu: are the champions of the vague insider teaser that can't be elaborated on. The two of you can always be counted on to float stuff out there... I'd be glad to eat crow if it meant we got football or the big east or really any step up in conference affiliation

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Let's just use Fox's money to start a football program.
                        IF we decide to add football doesn't that pretty much eliminate the Big East from the conference affiliation question? And thereby eliminate the Fox money. Plus IF the Big East does come to fruition we can use the Fox money for full cost of attendance stipends, increase travel costs across all athletic programs and perhaps for adding men's and women's soccer teams.

Comment

• What is this soccer everyone keeps referring to? Is it an entre choice at the Kung Wu Chinese Restaurant. And if I choose that do I get it with sweet and sour sauce or do I get egg roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            IF we decide to add football doesn't that pretty much eliminate the Big East from the conference affiliation question? And thereby eliminate the Fox money. Plus IF the Big East does come to fruition we can use the Fox money for full cost of attendance stipends, increase travel costs across all athletic programs and perhaps for adding men's and women's soccer teams.
                            I was mostly joking but I was just saying pocket the money until 2025 and then join a conference that we would actually fit in with. Because Fox sure as hell isn't renewing the deal unless millions of people suddenly start finding FS1 on their televisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              I was mostly joking but I was just saying pocket the money until 2025 and then join a conference that we would actually fit in with. Because Fox sure as hell isn't renewing the deal unless millions of people suddenly start finding FS1 on their televisions.
                              You may have discovered the reason why the big east may be seriously considering adding a bunch of popular, strong programs that aren't your typical big east type teams. Perhaps Fox doesn't want to keep getting owned and they have an open line of communication with the big east? Maybe they have the guts to correct the problem rather than pull the deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                You may have discovered the reason why the big east may be seriously considering adding a bunch of popular, strong programs that aren't your typical big east type teams. Perhaps Fox doesn't want to keep getting owned and they have an open line of communication with the big east? Maybe they have the guts to correct the problem rather than pull the deal?
                                I don't think there is anything they can do to fix the FS1 ratings problem. The #1 and #5 teams just played the highest rated conference game in FS1 history and it was about the same # of viewers as UNLV/Wichita State. We do fine in the ratings department but a Wichita State/Creighton game isn't going to start suddenly attracting millions of viewers. Fox took a risk on the Big East and it hasn't paid off.

Comment

Working...
                                X