American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    Not really apples to apples. Anyone in their right mind knows that WSU is not trying to move up to the P5. I don't think KU or K- State could do much to block WSU moving to a conference like the AAC. Nor do I think that they really care.

That being said I think that many WSU fans have a tendency to overlook how much of a liability our small TV market is.
    Doesn't seem too bad to me? I see several P5 schools located in markets smaller than Wichita.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Let's use the University of Tennessee as an example. They are located in a TV market about the size of Wichita, but they are also the dominant college brand in the 29th ranked market (Nashville) and one of the major college brands in the 50th market (Memphis). Many P5 schools are going to have a statewide following that will encompass one or more major markets. Oklahoma State is another example that is located in Stillwater, but large fan bases in Tulsa and OKC markets
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• ...there's only a small handful of billionaires obviously that could write that check...but by doing so...you'll forever change an entire state/region. P5 conferences would be begging to add Wichita after 3-5 years. Legacy Mr. Koch...legacy... ;)
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Love your optimism @AZ Shocker:.

Comment

Love your optimism @AZ Shocker:.
            Word! :)

...and while I'm at it...you simply take over the Kansas market by out doing the bubbles and mildcats. Koch (like Phil Knight) buys "the" sports franchise (Wichita St.) in Wichita and turns it into where everybody wants to be. Sold out games!!! Another 10,000 in enrollment. Bardo can't spend enough of the money coming in trying to keep up with growth!!! The pride swells and jobs within the city pour in from companies seeing what a perfect place Wichita provides!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• ....boom I'm done. It's Friday night...impossible work week...pour me one more beer before hitting the hay! Nite kids! Lol
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Let's use the University of Tennessee as an example. They are located in a TV market about the size of Wichita, but they are also the dominant college brand in the 29th ranked market (Nashville) and one of the major college brands in the 50th market (Memphis). Many P5 schools are going to have a statewide following that will encompass one or more major markets. Oklahoma State is another example that is located in Stillwater, but large fan bases in Tulsa and OKC markets
                What market does K-State have?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  They absolutely kill it in the Salina and Hays markets.

You may note that I said many P5 schools not all P5 schools.

Comment

• So basically we buy Chip Kelly and Rex Ryan. I could like that.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      the Farmer's Market? Sprouts?
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        the Farmer's Market? Sprouts?
                        From a public domain episode of "Green Acres". This episode was taken from TV Land, but, it is a public domain episode. Audio is owned by WMG. "Green Acre...
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Why does everyone forget the other Wichita billionaire Phil Ruffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            Why does everyone forget the other Wichita billionaire Phil Ruffin.
                            Maybe he can broker a deal so that the new stadium would be called Trump Stadium and Presidential Suites.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Why does everyone forget the other Wichita billionaire Phil Ruffin.
                              Mr. Ruffin spends very little time in Wichita. The only time he donates money is when it will make a profit for him. Back around 2002 I had to go to his corporate office. It was like stepping back into the 1970's complete with shag carpet that need replaced.

Comment

• Roger that. But, I know someone who says he personally witnessed PR at the NBAA Business Aircraft show many years ago when a young thing on PR's arm said she doubted he could afford the Boeing BBJ ( a 737 converted to a condominium) they had just ridden past at the static exhibit. "Really?", he said and had the golf cart driver stop. PR went inside the plane and after 10 minutes and a handshake they flew home in it. Lesson - get someone to tell him he can't afford to do this and stand back.
                                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X