American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Ummm, not to be a stickler, but the presser didn't exactly say she worked at those exact FBS schools.
    Agreed. I'm not believing anything until I see a sealed envelope.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      Ummm, not to be a stickler, but the presser didn't exactly say she worked at those exact FBS schools.
      To add to that, it says "from colleges in Connecticut, Virginia, North Carolina, Nebraska and Oklahoma." Not those specific institutions like OU, UNC, UCONN.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• The real question is: Is this a new position? The press release is rather unclear. It is says the role has been restructured to comply with regulations, and I don't know what that means.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• The official stance of the school is that the new hire is wholly unrelated to the football discussion: http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/n...ordinator.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            We would be the ONLY public school in the big east. That means their would probably be a different set of regulations involving funding, taxes, etc) that would have to be followed for the whole league. I'm sure it would open up more "books" to more scrutiny. So no that isn't happening.
            Maybe WSU is converting to Catholicism!

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
              So my mother gave me some reliable(she said) information she received at work, from her friend and a close friend of the program/Marshall. Long story short, he said he was fairly confident that the Shockers would be joining the Big East after this season.

Her information from him went more in depth, but I don't want to get her into trouble. Haha. Just thought I'd pass it along.
              Interesting.......i had heard something similiar (but didn't have a conference information). I also heard somebody had seen Danny Ainge at the airport.

Comment

• I believe he was in town to broker the deal with the new conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Interesting.......i had heard something similiar (but didn't have a conference information). I also heard somebody had seen Danny Ainge at the airport.
                  I wonder how he like the new look of the place.

Comment

• Vote Bernie Sanders. He promised free conferences and football for all colleges.

Sorry if this is too political.

This is not endorsed by any candidate or candidates committee.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I would think any talk about done deals should include a second member to keep things even, unless we may be the AAC Olympic only member. Have any other schools been public recently with similar desires as WSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yellow Bellied View Post
                        I would think any talk about done deals should include a second member to keep things even, unless we may be the AAC Olympic only member. Have any other schools been public recently with similar desires as WSU?
                        Navy will be a football-only member in the AAC starting next year, similar to Hawaii's football-only arrangement with the Mountain West.

But I have not heard anything regarding pairs of non-football schools being looked at.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                          Maybe WSU is converting to Catholicism!

Education through intimidation.

Comment

• An article about Wsu to the A-10

Comment

• No offense to the A10, but I don't think that is the best direction to go. Geography is not favorable, and if Dayton did leave.... while a step up from the MVC, it is much less attractive. I don't believe WSU HAS to add football to get into the AAC or MWC. And my pick would honestly be the AAC for geographic and competitive reasons. But.... if the only one willing to open their doors is the A10.... I'll start packing boxes and preparing for the move.
                              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X