No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But in all honestly, after today, the BIG 12 will add two more teams maybe before the next football season. BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, UConn, etc..., are probably all pitching to the Big 12 as we speak. What is Wichita State doing? Could the city pitch in some money to help the school add football?

I think this is Wichita State's one big chance, maybe an opportunity of a lifetime. I know I'm somewhat dreaming here, but am I only dreaming?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Is this recently announced? Everything I had read said that they are not really in a hurry to add teams. When did they announce that they're definitely adding teams?
      The instant their co-champs were dusted out of the national championship football tournament by the dirtiest team in the NCAA who won the worst power 5 conference last night and lost to an awful Virginia Tech team at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
        But in all honestly, after today, the BIG 12 will add two more teams maybe before the next football season. BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, UConn, etc..., are probably all pitching to the Big 12 as we speak. What is Wichita State doing? Could the city pitch in some money to help the school add football?

I think this is Wichita State's one big chance, maybe an opportunity of a lifetime. I know I'm somewhat dreaming here, but am I only dreaming?
        Adding football at WSU is on the far reaches of optimism.

Having WSU add football, and join a P5 conference (no matter the timeline) is probably delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Adding football at WSU is on the far reaches of optimism.

Having WSU add football, and join a P5 conference (no matter the timeline) is probably delusional.
          Haha. Thanks, I thought so too. :(

Comment

• What if WSU adds football, but doesn't field a team? Just forfeit every game.

That way, they can be in the Big XII and not have to have the financial burdens of football!

Once they feel they can have a stabile program, they field a team.

Problem solved ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
              But in all honestly, after today, the BIG 12 will add two more teams maybe before the next football season. BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, UConn, etc..., are probably all pitching to the Big 12 as we speak. What is Wichita State doing? Could the city pitch in some money to help the school add football?

yes

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                The instant their co-champs were dusted out of the national championship football tournament by the dirtiest team in the NCAA who won the worst power 5 conference last night and lost to an awful Virginia Tech team at home.
                Alright, so it's just suspected. It has not literally been announced. The Big XII would've been fine if it had just put all its efforts behind Baylor.

Comment

• I don't think P5 conferences raiding second tier conferences does us any good. Football schools will be replaced by football schools. The only way we will move up is if a conference makes a deliberate decision to add basketball-only schools.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Alright, so it's just suspected. It has not literally been announced. The Big XII would've been fine if it had just put all its efforts behind Baylor.
                    A few days ago, a Memphis radio guy reported that the Big XII was adding Cincy and Memphis, that was obviously just rumors. After today, if I had to pick, I would say the Big XII has 12 teams come this time next year or at least 2 teams lined up. I would put a hefty sum of money on it.

Comment

The Big 12 screwed itself the very second Dan Beebe thought it was pragmatic to get behind Texas. The Big 12 further screwed itself when the thought process was that Texas would win the league every year with 10 teams and not have to risk a possible loss in a Big 12 title game. The desire to stick with 10 came from Austin. Low and behold, Texas folded like a tent and the league has little clout. The Big 12 will survive by going to 12 or more teams, adding a championship game, and figuring out that "putting efforts" behind any one team is simply stupid.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                        I don't think P5 conferences raiding second tier conferences does us any good. Football schools will be replaced by football schools. The only way we will move up is if a conference makes a deliberate decision to add basketball-only schools.
                        As the options for football schools keep decreasing, the likelihood of adding a basketball only school or two becomes more likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          As the options for football schools keep decreasing, the likelihood of adding a basketball only school or two becomes more likely.
                          Unfortunately the conference we're most likely to end up in (AAC) is also the most likely to be raided.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Similar to UAB, more and more non P5 schools will be dropping football. Tulsa, Memphis, etc need to put their money in basketball and follow the Shocker Model. WSU needs to invest more into their athletic program as well. Sexton/Bardo hopefully are talking to other like-mided basketball schools and forming a major conference basketball league.
                            The nBE had the right idea but they tied their hands with the private school Catholic issue.
                            What would that new league look like?
                            WSU, Memphis, St Louis, Cincy, UCONN, Tulsa, SMU...

IMO it's too late for Shocker football. Let's invest money now where it will pay off. The football ship has sailed.

Comment

The Big 12 is absolutely going to have to expand. It's only "suspected" because Texas and Oklahoma have so much power there, and they'll continue to think their brands will be enough to get in themselves. The B12 will continuously be left out if they don't expand. The B1G is one of the worst P5 conferences I've ever seen this year and they STILL got in over them.

And the Big 12 might have been fine if Big 12 teams would actually schedule someone out of conference. Look at who Baylor played this year and who they plan on playing every year from here through 2018. Baylor will never make the playoff without going undefeated or the B12 creating a championship game. They have decided they don't have to play real opponents out of conference and the committee has decided that playing real opponents out of conference is important. That's not a fight they can win.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I didn't mean I don't expect them to expand. I was just checking to make sure I wasn't crazy and hadn't missed an announcement. I saw they'll "definitely" expand and I was just confirming I understood what that meant. Doc said it was definite as soon as the co-champs stuff happened and I again was just confirming I hadn't missed an announcement. Thanks, group!

Comment

Working...
                                X