American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    FWIW UAB did not add football until 1996. Their history amounts to less than 20 years.
    In fact, they didn't have D1 BB until 1980 when Gene Bartow started up the program.

Not sure about rifle or bowling.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Dang, they're dropping rifle???
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        Dang, they're dropping rifle???
        There's such a thing as NCAA rifle competition? Did not know that.

WSU just started a shotgun sports club-level team a year or two ago. Makes me wish I was a student again. For that matter, the Formula SAE team also makes me wish I was a student again. The new RSC... Shocker Hall... Innovation Campus... WSU is a considerably cooler place to be a student today than it was in my time.

Sorry, about the mini-jack there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          There's such a thing as NCAA rifle competition? Did not know that.

WSU just started a shotgun sports club-level team a year or two ago. Makes me wish I was a student again. For that matter, the Formula SAE team also makes me wish I was a student again. The new RSC... Shocker Hall... Innovation Campus... WSU is a considerably cooler place to be a student today than it was in my time.

Sorry, about the mini-jack there.
          They may not have had the formula car when you were there but did you ever work on the mini baja car? That was one of the coolest things that I worked on during my time out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
            They may not have had the formula car when you were there but did you ever work on the mini baja car? That was one of the coolest things that I worked on during my time out there.
            I couldn't get into the baja thing. Just seemed to lack much in the way of performance.

The Formula SAE cars utilize 120HP sportbike engines, track compound slicks, composite construction, intricate suspension designs, etc., which kind of gets me going more than the whole 10HP ATV with a cage thing (please don't throw things at me for that... lol).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Dang, they're dropping rifle???
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                I couldn't get into the baja thing. Just seemed to lack much in the way of performance.

The Formula SAE cars utilize 120HP sportbike engines, track compound slicks, composite construction, intricate suspension designs, etc., which kind of gets me going more than the whole 10HP ATV with a cage thing (please don't throw things at me for that... lol).
                I thought that too, but I was pulled on to it for my senior project and it was a stupid amount of fun. Lots of fighting though. The amount of screaming that went on was in hindsight pretty hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Can't stop watching the gif on the right..wiggle wiggle...
                  “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• And a statement from C-USA:

We are aware of the study but disappointed with the decision to discontinue the sport of football at UAB, particularly because of its effect on the lives of the student-athletes and coaches that have worked so hard to restore the quality of the program. We don't fully understand the decision, nor agree with it, but do respect it and the authority of the UAB Administration to make it.

As a conference, we will move forward in our pursuit of excellence in athletics and academics, with the primary goal of providing a positive educational experience for all of our 5,000 student-athletes. Our universities have invested in athletics, and in facilities to support athletics, and are focused on their student-athletes and the contribution college athletics makes on their campuses and in their communities.

UAB has been a contributing member to the Conference since its inception and has expressed a strong interest in remaining a member, a topic that the Conference's Board of Directors will take up in the months ahead. The Conference's current bylaws require all members to sponsor football.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      And a statement from C-USA:
                      Can't wait to see the result of this, however I am still watching the wiggle wiggle above.
                      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• This wait for a 10 pm central time tip versus Utah is brutal. Makes me rethink my affinity for a move to the Mountain West.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockingwheat View Post
                          This wait for a 10 pm central time tip versus Utah is brutal. Makes me rethink my affinity for a move to the Mountain West.
                          Absolutely.

Comment

• Big XII will definitely be adding two teams in the off-season. Maybe we will see some things open up.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              Big XII will definitely be adding two teams in the off-season. Maybe we will see some things open up.
                              The Koch brothers have money. It's time to open up the biggest fundraising/advertising/butt kissing pitch in school history. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                Big XII will definitely be adding two teams in the off-season. Maybe we will see some things open up.
                                Is this recently announced? Everything I had read said that they are not really in a hurry to add teams. When did they announce that they're definitely adding teams?

Comment

Working...
                                X